Need a pilot and plane to fly to UK! Involves Bluegrass
  • Aran
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Need a pilot and plane to fly to UK! Involves Bluegrass

by Aran » Thu May 17, 2012 10:39 am

Hello Folks,

I am looking to find someone with a plane who might be interested in flying to the UK.

The event in the UK is the Didmarton Bluegrass Festival, which is held at Kemble Airfield in the Cotswolds. This starts on Thursday 30th August and goes on for the weekend.

When I was looking at the festival website directions page, it states that use of the airfield is welcomed.

So if you have a plane and fancy an excuse to fly to the UK please get in touch, so we can discuss feasability etc.

Thanks for reading,
    Aran
  • tom in weston
    Verified User
    Verified User

Re: Need a pilot and plane to fly to UK! Involves Bluegrass

by tom in weston » Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 am

Can you give some more details, how many will be travelling, when you want to go / return? Where in Ireland you want to depart from?
  • Aran
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Aran » Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as a departure point goes, I am very flexible, just somewhere in Ireland but I am based in Dublin.

Destination is the Cotswold Airport http://www.cotswoldairport.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ideal itinerary would be to depart on Friday 31st August and return Sunday 2nd September.

Numbers for the trip would be dependent on the capacity of the aircraft but I already have at least 4 people who are interested. I guess that with a few people the fuel and landing fee costs can be spread.
  • Aran
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Aran » Thu May 17, 2012 8:37 pm

I have looked into this a bit further and a Cessna 172 makes sense with one pilot (possibly you) and 3 passengers.... We will off course be bringing a mandolin, banjo and possibly a guitar...
  • vanman
    Verified User
    Verified User

by vanman » Fri May 18, 2012 11:45 am

We will off course be bringing a mandolin, banjo and possibly a guitar...
    Shouldn't be problem.....now if you were bringing a Cello, a Grand Piano and a Tuba, issues might arise!
  • Aran
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Aran » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Folks,

Hope you don't mind but as we are fast approaching the date, I thought I had better bump this topic in case anyone might be interested in a trip over to Cotswolds airport, weekend after next.

I would be very happy to pop over Saturday and come back Sunday but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for reading,
    Aran
  • Aran
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Aran » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Oh one last thing the numbers have changed so it would most likely just me and a mandolin with possibly one other person and a guitar.

Thanks again.