This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Stena1500
Unverified User
Unverified User

CPL/MEIR Pilot looking for work!

Post by Stena1500 »

Hello to all,

I'm currently a aerospace engineer lecture / Technician coming to the end of my contract. I completed all my flight training late last year and wasn't as fortunate as others with getting a flying job! So I went back into my back-up job (Engineering) for the time being! As we're approaching the summer season.. I would love to do aerial work, jump piloting or ferrying aircraft! (p.s I've already applied for the CPL position with Sky dive Ireland but due to my hours I have a veryyy slim chance of even to be considered :? )

But I would appreciate any good hints or opportunities that you know that might be going or is available for short/long term :lol: Please e-mail me on Ibogokmen_2@msn.com or PM.. Once again thank you and Safe Flying :)

P.s I know its not very professional posting on a forum.. But I suppose its a method of networking :roll:

Ebo

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

Re: CPL/MEIR Pilot looking for work!

Post by stovepipe »

Get an instructor's rating and get your face out to the clubs and schools. You might get something for the summer, intros and the like. See if the airlines or sim companies have anything in the ground instructional role. Try the UK for the summer.

regards
Stovepipe

ryr448l
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ryr448l »

Hello, I came across this post and I found it quite interesting as I'm relatively in the same position.

Realistically what are the chances of finding any kind of instructing work in Ireland? Is there a big supply of instructors at present and very little chance of any kind of work (part-time, anything really)

I'd like to do one but am afraid in many respects that I'll be in the same situation and down a few thousand Euro. From what I've read about the U.K, like the airline industry there seems to be too many pilot's and not enough jobs. Is the the same in Ireland?

I can understand the many benefits of obtaining the rating from a piloting skill point of view, I just would be interested to hear other people's opinions.

Thanks for your time

Lustrum
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Lustrum »

I'm another one in the same position. I'm not long finished, but to be honest getting an instructors rating is down the list of priorities at the moment. As far as I'm concerned, if you pay the 10 grand for one without a job, it's akin to paying for a type rating without a job. And as you said, there seems to be plenty of instructors out there, and not enough instructing to do!

I've been lucky enough to get a job in the UK doing simulator flights, I can't log any of the time but it beats sitting at home doing nothing. Realistically, Ryanair is the best chance any of us have of getting a job, so it's just a case of sit and wait to see if they call. I've been around England to the doors of Air Ambulance companies, skydive companies etc, and they all want 500hrs/1000hrs. My Dad isn't an Aer Lingus captain, so the door in there is closed too.

People can say what they want about Ryanair, but at least they're willing to give guys like us a chance. Let's kust hope it all works out!

ryr448l
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ryr448l »

Hi Lustrum, thank you for the reply.

I'm inclined to agree with you about "forking" out for the rating with no job offer. It's just another one of these gambles I suppose. I think it probably is the same both sides of the Irish Sea.

Congrats with the sim work at least :D