This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

DaveK
Unverified User
Unverified User

Looking for People

Post by DaveK » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Hello All:

This is my first post here and I hope it is appropriate.

I was born in Ireland and lived there until I was 18 when I emigrated to Canada. Before I left I completed my PPL at Shannon Executive Aviation at Shannon and although I have been back to visit a few times over the last 25+ years I have never been able to track down any of the good folks who helped start and shape my flying career. I know that SEA is no more and that the owner Bryan Carpenter passed away almost 10 years ago also in the intervening years everyone involved there has moved on to other endeavours.

The people I am trying to reconnect with are
Tom and Jim O Sullivan, twins who instructed at SEA while I was there in 1984-86
John Mulkerrins also and instructor at SEA, I believe he also had ties at Coonagh and of all places Enniskillen where I actually did my PPL test.
Last but by no means least is Joe Ryan who was CFI at SEA in the mid 80s. Joe was not a young man then so I fear he may not be with us anymore.

Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to put me in touch with these gentlemen. Please leave a message here and I will provide contact information.

I know this is short notice but I will be back in Ireland for the first 2 weeks of Feb 2012 and would love to make contact while I am there.

Cheers
Dave Kingston

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Looking for People

Post by shrtfld » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi Dave

I have sent you a PM with some contact information including my own. I hope the info is of assistance.

Kind regards
Shrtfld

DaveK
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DaveK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:11 am

Thanks shrtfld, PM sent in reply.

Dave

DaveK
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DaveK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm

Another name from the past, found while looking through old logbooks is Brian Bruton. If anyone knows of Brian's whereabouts or contact details I would appreciate a private message.

After some digging of my own I found a reference to a Tom O'Sullivan flying for Miami Air out of Miami Florida but I am not sure if it is the same Tom. Unfortunately no contact details were available.

Thanks again to all who are looking at this thread. I have had a very helpful response from one member already and the more people who read this the odds get better that someone knows one or more of these gentlemen from my past.

Thanks a lot
Dave Kingston

BOS
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by BOS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:45 am

James O'Sullivan is a Captain in Aer Lingus, lives abroad & commutes.
Tom is in Florida.
Never heard of a Brian Bruton, there is a Brendan Bruton in Aer Lingus also who would have been around Shannon at the same time, I'll let them know you are looking for them when I see them & they can contact you through this BB

Earhart
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Earhart » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Sending a PM wrt Joe Ryan and John Mulkerrins