Landing Fees

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Flange Bracket
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Landing Fees

Post by Flange Bracket » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:12 am

From what I've seen, jim's version of AOPA has only ever been interested in themselves.

Jim
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Jim » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:46 pm

inverted wrote:Jim.

With respect, Do you not feel that as a promoter of AOPA you should " name and shame" the airfield that overcharged the aforementioned parties rather than all the cloak and dagger stuff thats going on here, Surly one would be acting in the best interests of there members by naming and shaming in order to avoid another member of the flying community being caught ?
I was always under the impression that AOPA represented Aircraft Owners and Pilots, not that of Airfield Owners.
Would you like to read the first line of my reply to pearse above?
as for the airfied situation, do you not remember the Erinagh saga earlier this Year?
Flange Bracket wrote:From what I've seen, jim's version of AOPA has only ever been interested in themselves.
Obviously you dont get out a lot!!
Defending the rights of GA in Ireland.
http://www.aopa.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Flange Bracket wrote:
From what I've seen, jim's version of AOPA has only ever been interested in themselves.

FB,
If you feel like that, then why dont you set up your own AOPA. It might open your eyes as to the amount of time and effort that Jim and and all the crew put in trying to resurrect AOPA in Ireland. Instead of sniping from the side lines why dont you offer to help.

Hugo.
http://www.irishavsites.com/ The historical listing of Aviation Sites in Ireland

Flange Bracket
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Flange Bracket » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Jim,

As an aircraft owner I'm a member of the nmai and get out quite a lot. The nmai have made massive progress in advancing the cause of flying in Ireland. From what I've heard ILAS are becoming a force to be reckoned with. These organisations are run by openly elected commitees made up of people who are well known around the country.

Who are AOPA and what exactly have they achieved? Having met Jim once he came across as a Declan Ganley type, evasive, rude and very vague about his aviation credentials.

Does AOPA still have a commitee member with a criminal record for a flying related offence?

Let's have some answers

Jim
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Jim » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 pm

OK, FB, I remember our meeting! And you had very little to say back then!
Personally, whatever you think of me is your problem. I wont lower myself to backbiting. I shall still complete my task.
So, You are a Microlight Owner! (I also have 2 of those machines! One ex-Geoff Wignalls!)

Now! Let me ask you…
Who recommended and Backed the nmai request when looking for relaxed regulations from the IAA?
Who backed the nmai when seeking relaxed restrictions on visiting UK NPPL’s holders?
Who made the request to the IAA that they consider an Irish equivalent of the UK NPPL?
I, personally respect and support both the nmai and the ilas, and so does aopa, we are NOT enemies!
Do you feel as if you are speaking on behalf of nmai then? Maybe I am missing something here.
What is coming down the line for national licences? (After the changeover to EASA), those who hold ONLY microlight licences will need all the support they can muster, wait and see.

Ireland has by comparison, one of the smallest aviation movements within Europe, and because of the previous “old closed shop aopa”, we find so many splinter groups existing here instead of a solid, stand-alone prominent movement. A situation like this was inevitable, given the situation.
AOPA has representatives at EASA, Eurocontrol, ICAO, and even within the IAA. We have members who are also members of nmai and other Irish organizations. This we see as necessary because, everything AOPA does reflects back on different levels of general aviation.

What makes you believe aopa-ireland has a closed shop? We democratically elect a committee at our AGM like everyone else. And most of ours are known around EUROPE! Not just Ireland.
I PERSONALLY, fought those who held the “old” aopa back from the GA aviators of Ireland, I met them head on and won the backing of IAOPA. I created their website and lately also got “aopa.ie” out of their control. I have also attended conferences in EU states at my own expense and argued at EASA level on behalf of Irish aviators, our members were informed of any developments forthcoming. I also stated in the beginning that I have no long-term interest in running aopa. I did agree to establish a basic and running association before handing it over to someone capable of its secure establishment. I sincerely hope that the AGM in August 2012 will see the full takeover by someone who has the time for it. By then my task of its full resurrection will be complete. Believe me when I say I have many more important, and personal, issues which should be given priority, and those that know me are well aware of this. I very much doubt if you will come across many people who do not recognize AOPA as the worlds number one representative body.

If you have a personal beef about me, I am open to meeting and sorting it, I always provide an invite to meet, with ANYONE, on our monthly newsletter anywhere within the 32 counties. I attend many meetings from this both formally and informally, and its quite surprising to find that there are many more splinter groups that exist around Ireland but, do not want to be part of the known mainstream Clubs/Associations etc. I even came across a microlight society! Each and every one of these have various reasons for this, the main one appears to be the “Sideline Sniping” in the Irish community. Quite a don there FB!
NOW! Perhaps you care to enlighten us on what you personally have done for Irish GA? Not what your club/association has done, but YOU Personally.
Does AOPA still have a commitee member with a criminal record for a flying related offence?
Would you care to reiterate on that statement?
As for your accusation of “Criminal Record” I strongly suggest you research its meaning, before accusations!

BTW, If you ever meet that Mr Ganley, tell him he still owes me 533 quid!

OH! And, have a Merry Xmas!
Defending the rights of GA in Ireland.
http://www.aopa.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:51 pm

"I very much doubt if you will come across many people who do not recognize AOPA as the worlds number one representative body.".

I for one believe in choice, but I for one would agree AOPA wins hands down as far as recognition is concerned, and has "clout".....the past is the past....get over it. Splinter groups, well respect the effort.......no real clout.

Flange Bracket wrote:

Really.......??

kitty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kitty » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:27 am

Who are AOPA and what exactly have they achieved?
Are you a total recluse? Anyone in the aviators circle will laugh at such a question. Where the hell have you been hiding yourself for the past 50 years? Perhaps you really were born yesterday.
Having met Jim once he came across as a Declan Ganley type, evasive, rude and very vague about his aviation credentials.
You only met him ONCE, and you expect him to throw his credentials on the table in front of you! Are you for real?
My Father served along with Jim in places where the likes of you would crap yourself and cry for home within 2 minutes.

It appears to me as if Ireland still has not changed, what would it take for the likes of critics like this to understand what they are saying is so laughable to the Real World?
Flange Bracket, I suggest you consider your comments before posting, before you get caught for the SEPTIC TANK CHARGES, because that’s where they belong, because you know not what you speak off!
Jim Personally, has done so much work in AOPA it is unbelievable where he found the energy and time, given his circumstances and opposition from the very start.
I have to agree too, AOPA are THE REAL force that carries more clout than any other WORLDWIDE1
My God, When are the people of ireland going to cop on so we do not have to look to foreign authorities for support just because we have more than our share of silly critics who believe they know better?
Perhaps Flange Bracket should be changed to broken bracket.
Defending Irish GA, thats why i support AOPA Ireland

Raven 912
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Raven 912 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 am

Interesting thread. Hi Jim. You might enlighten us as to what difficulties may be coming down the line for stand alone microlight licence holders. I also attend many EU meetings, EASA workshops etc and we're not aware of any licencing difficulties, other than what we have, in the future for our members.

Happy Christmas everyone and many great flying hours in 2012

All the best
Paul

Flange Bracket
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Flange Bracket » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:03 am

http://www.advertiser.ie/mullingar/article/20239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kitty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 am

OMG. The best evidence you can supply is from a regional newspaper clipping which provides a small sample of the facts in the usual sensationalized one sided fashion. GOD HELP IRELAND and anybody who relies on you!

Flange Bracket
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Flange Bracket » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:56 am

Kitty

The source of the newspaper report is irrelevant, it was the first one that google produced. I can get another one if you want. It doesn't change the fact that an AOPA commitee member was found guilty as charged. This is the only publicly available information on the secret that is the new AOPA Ireland.

Is he still a member?
Is he leading the fight to defend GA against the IAA when he couldn't even defend himself?

safe flying (but not to the shops)

FB

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Kitty, no reply is needed to the response above, unfortunately we have to put up with "I love me, whats your hobby" syndrome.
Happy Landings.....even at the shops........had the pleasure of landing in a Mc Donalds parking lot for a burger one fine day !!
Yes indeed Kitty "God Bless Ireland" if we had to rely on such judgmental characters !!

Flange Bracket
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Flange Bracket » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Why can't AOPA or it's supporters give straight answers?

Is he still a commitee member?
How can AOPA expect the IAA or anybody to take them seriously when they can't provide straight answers about their commitee?

I'm greatly concerned about the future of Irish general aviation but our best interests are not served by this secretive AOPA.

So please Kitty or RV Blue, less temper tantrums and more answers.

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JFH » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:07 pm

n
Last edited by JFH on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kitty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm greatly concerned about the future of Irish general aviation
Yes we can see that ever so clearly by your posts!
Isnt it ironic that your only post which does not contain an insult................... is the one in which you said NOTHING! :shock:
Yes! we can all see how concerned you are, keep it up. :D