Irish Aviation Authority

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Irish Aviation Authority

Post by Pilot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 am

I can't say that I've every had any problems with any of the IAA except the AeroMedical section.

The AeroMedical section has a terrible reputation and as far as I have heard, has never returned anyone's calls!

I certainly left plenty trying to sort out mistaken info that they'd given to the AMEs. My AME tried to contact them too and got no answer.

Despite plenty of message left on her answering machine, no calls were every returned. Eventually I left a message pointing out that they were out of date in their info to AME, as the JARs had changed, and suddently new info was given to all AMEs later that day (by courier no less), but still no call returned!

P

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Lambada Crazy wrote:Hi Anthony,
Eventually the infamous Dr.Roodenburg got back to me and told me that my case would have to be deferred untill further reports were received.

The doctor even said that it wasn't very acute, and didn't require constant monitoring

I really think that the department should be ashamed of itself. It is without a doubt an embarrassment to the Irish Aviation Community.

And by the way, the prices are double what they are for the CAA!

Kindest Regards,
Things do seem like they haven't changed since the early 80's when I dealt with other agency's there. While I'm sure there are a few individuals who would like to change the "status quo" they are just told to do as they are told.
Its infuriating having to deal with this level of frustration and it is unacceptable, how to change it is another story but I came up with my own opinion.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism ... narcissism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is only my opinion like I said two lines above......
That's not saying that agency's in other country's are devoid of problems but considering the high costs involved :roll:

anthony1968
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by anthony1968 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 pm

So does all of this mean that the only way I'm going to resolve this is to either turn up in person or make an official complaint? :evil:

I'm going to talk to my AME when he gets back from his holidays and I will let you all know how I get on.