Helicopter forced to make emergency landing

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Trigger
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Helicopter forced to make emergency landing

Post by Trigger »

tom in weston wrote:" I have spoken to a member of this mans family about the incident and by their accounts, he deserves alot more than a kick in the hole!
Brilliant !!! Do any of you have this mental picture of his Mammy running after him as he climbed out of the wreakage, to the tune of Benny Hill !! :lol:

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston »

Last edited by tom in weston on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot »

Aw...is nobody going to spill the beans? The suspense is killing me.

Pm is you like.....what was he up to?

OnTheNumbers
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OnTheNumbers »

Guess we'll all have to wait for the report.
OnTheNumbers
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.clearofcloud.ie
@clearofcloud on Twitter, Instagram

quagmire
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by quagmire »

Removed :( :(
Last edited by quagmire on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo »

Have to say I'm disappointed by the Moderator (sorry Mark) that the policy of not allowing speculation, gossip, assumed fact etc regarding air accidents & incidents is not being enforced in this case.

Have to agree with Kitty's comments on this matter, also.

Willo

Sierra Papa
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sierra Papa »

Hi All,

This whole conversation right from the beginning is a right fu..k up,
Is this a reflection of Irish Flying Communinty??? I personally don't give a sh.t who the pilot was and what he did on the day, Is this some kind of a informal trial or something???. why the person in charge in this website removes posts related to dishonest maintenance companies in Sligo right away but lets this kind of CRAP go on. I'm going to time how long is going to take before this post is taken of. 21/10.2011, 23:35 local, Sierra Papa.
Last edited by Sierra Papa on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

kitty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kitty »

“Is this a reflection of Irish Flying Community???”
I pray not! For it is the lowest level of comradeship.

Some posters seemingly forget they can, and may, be summoned under a Court Order, and be compelled under law, to answer questions and signify their source of information plus, failure of compliance, and/or printing of libellous language places them under threat of imprisonment.

If I was the Pilot concerned in this case, I would have printed this complete thread and my Legal Counsel would already have a copy.
Perhaps someone, anyone, can tell me what he has been proven guilty of so far?
How many has he Killed? Injured? Or, even Offended?

Just wondering, Who among his dammars, will be the first to rush forward and apologize if he is acquitted of any wrongdoing? Who would be man enough?

By posting assumptions etc. on any forum, you are providing the LEGAL RIGHT to any authority to question him about it, whether true or not, how many realize that?

So far, any legal counsel would gladly represent him in any court in Ireland, and win!
Because he has been subject to “Trial by Media” within the public domain here on this forum!
BUT, dont pick me up wrong either, he has his rights.
and he has the right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty.

And “Fanstop”
“Grace of Allah”
I don’t believe the families of the victims of 9/11 will agree. Do You?
Defending Irish GA, thats why i support AOPA Ireland

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston »

Last edited by tom in weston on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skydiveireland
Verified User
Verified User

Post by skydiveireland »

I think some of the things stated in this thread are utterly disgraceful. There are some nasty individuals out there in our flying community who spend more time speculating then they do flying!

I don't know the pilot in the accident but I understand that after having an air accident the last thing you need is this sort of treatment on Ireland's main aviation forum (which by the way is available to the general public, the media and EVERYONE!

Mark:
Can we PLEASE have some moderation with this type of negative press from within our own flying community. It's speculative and damaging to aviation in Ireland. We have a tough enough job with the general public and media as well as our aviation regulator and all the other state agencies used to try and clip the wings of aviators.

People don't even sign their names to their posts! All you see are meaningless 'Handles".

Blue Skies,
David

camshaft40
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by camshaft40 »

Hi All
Have to agree with Willo, Kitty and Skydive,
Assumptions and rumours stand for nothing.
@Tom in Weston would you be as quick to log on and post the same comments if it was yourself that had an incident, i doubt it.

jonkil
Verified User
Verified User

Post by jonkil »

kitty wrote:
and he has the right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty.
Sorry Kitty, must disagree with that statement, there is certain bodies with domineering individuals that will attempt to hold you guilty until you are proven innocent!... if you let them..... your "rights" wont come into the equation with such people, well not at least until a good legal team tells them otherwise.

And I agree with you, speculation on an individuals ability or otherwise is best left to the proper channels & not a public forum, if they are/were wrong then I'm sure it will come apparent in due course.

kitty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kitty »

jonkil wrote:
Sorry Kitty, must disagree with that statement, there is certain bodies with domineering individuals that will attempt to hold you guilty until you are proven innocent!... if you let them..... your "rights" wont come into the equation
Aw! Jonkil, I am somewhat disappointed with your posting, maybe you have an axe to grind on past experiences or something similar. That’s what it appears like!

I would openly dare and invite ANYONE to accuse me of being guilty of anything before being condemned of any such act. This is a legal right in any democracy for everyone!
I wanted to challenge certain decisions with the Irish Authorities while i was secretary of AOPA Ireland but by my own decision through pressures i had to withdraw.

I know that in the Irish System, authorities have on occasion taken “Liberties”, It is an unacceptable situation, and will continue while those involved accept it. BUT, when the time comes that someone should decide to challenge it, it will change, Legally it has to, believe me!

and my input here is to point out that the due process will take place within the said department without the input of accusations of individuals who unknowingly may lead to further investigation.

skydiveireland
Verified User
Verified User

Post by skydiveireland »

Kitty:
I have been on the brunt end of such Liberties you speak of.

Now we have a Junior Minister for Transport (Labour TD Alan Kelly from North Tipperary) who is openly against small Airfields and light aviation to contend with on top of the IAA. Kelly has actively (and who I believe is still trying) to shut down Erinagh Airfield among other things.

We need to support each other in the GA community when there is an alleged incident. Like I said in my previous post, we have enough to contend with with anti-aviation 'activists' and the authorities.

To give you an example, we have a nasty neighbor down in Erinagh who sits in the ditch all day and taking photographs of every plane taking off, documenting every movement and time and even if the pilot takes a piss! This type of conduct is unreal.

GA pilots and stake holders should point their swords not at each other but in the other direction!

More to say but won't for now....

Blue Skies,

kitty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kitty »

Yes! I have read about the “Liberties” you refer to.
Has anyone approached the said photographer? and invited him to “Come aloft”
Simple humanitarian gestures like that work wonders you know.

Maybe the airfield owners of Ireland should collectively prevent that same Ministers relation from landing on their strips in protest. There are other measures that can be taken but, I am not going to post them on here.

Ireland, as small as what it is, should by all accounts, be rock solid as regards any recreational pastime. But for some reason unknown to us, the aviation community prefer to slag, demoralize, degrade and tear each other apart instead of standing together. This thread is a classic case of just that!

Over the Years I have witnessed many making an attempt to unite this community as one solid band. I took part in three of them myself, and what I witnessed was beyond belief. The work done by by Sammy Bruton,R.I.P, Terry Murphy and Jim Breslin seems to be in vain, what a waste!
Today, I live and work outside Ireland, and shall be returning over there on Wednesday, the ga community is great, friendly, helpful, compassionate and professional like. Oh how I wish it was the same in my native land!

Together we can Fly! Fragmented we shall remain Grounded!

K. xx