This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

mcdee6174
Verified User
Verified User

Fermanagh Seaplane Festival 2011

Post by mcdee6174 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Hello All
A few photo's from the festival. Very disapointing for photography as the only place to get a view of the lake was at the slipway where the aircraft taxied up, the rest of the shore had tree's in the way. The Duxford cat parked behind the tree's along with the french cat. Both cat's landed well out of view behind the Island's. The french cat displayed further up the lough at the Killadeas manor house marina. It was nice to see the Twin Otter though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcdee6174/ ... 619238779/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vortex003
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Fermanagh Seaplane Festival 2011

Post by vortex003 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Good shooting,some excellent pics in that set! 8) 8)

Nice to meet you yesterday by the way :wink:

mcdee6174
Verified User
Verified User

Post by mcdee6174 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Likewise vortex003 some nice photos on your web site :D

Pearse1983
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pearse1983 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 pm

A bit late now I know, but on the second day of the Festival the French Cat was parked on the hard stand so people could get up close to it (the crew were kind enough to allow the public inside) and also the tree line was cut down allowing for a better view.

vortex003
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by vortex003 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Pearse1983 wrote:A bit late now I know, but on the second day of the Festival the French Cat was parked on the hard stand so people could get up close to it (the crew were kind enough to allow the public inside) and also the tree line was cut down allowing for a better view.
Removing the trees would have improved the view for sure - but what you have mentioned only took place because the Cat was damaged and wasn't going to be leaving for a few days.

If the event takes place there again (which i hope it does),the entire bay needs to be visible.I didn't get one photo of the Catalinas landing or taking off from the lough,as i chose not to go to the yacht club on the Sunday thinking it would be a repeat of what myself and mcdee saw on Saturday. :roll: :roll:

Pearse1983
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pearse1983 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:08 pm

but what you have mentioned only took place because the Cat was damaged and wasn't going to be leaving for a few days.
Wayne,
Every cloud and all that. The organisers wanted the Cat on the hard stand from the outset and the shrubs trimmed down to enchance the view but as various issues prevented the timming of the shrubs further neither Catalina could use the ramp. However, every effort was taken to optimise both the view and experience for the spectators whilst considering the preseveration of the site after the seaplanes were finished.

Following events on Saturday the French Cat had to come onto the ramp and as a result the barriers were repositioned on Sunday morning to allow the public to walk around it - the crew went one better themeselves by later allowing people on board!!

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

P