This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Demonduck
Verified User
Verified User

Cheaper Fuel than Enniskillen

Post by Demonduck » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am

Hi All,
I go regular to Enniskillen to fuel up but I was surprised to hear that local pilots were complaining about the price of the fuel there.Apparently it is 25p per litre cheaper in other locations up north.
I will do a little more research and post any information I have here but if anyone has any comments or information to add please let me know.

Many Thanks

William

Demonduck
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Cheaper Fuel than Enniskillen

Post by Demonduck » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:27 am

Demonduck wrote:Hi All,
I go regular to Enniskillen to fuel up but I was surprised to hear that local pilots were complaining about the price of the fuel there.Apparently it is 25p per litre cheaper in other locations up north.
I will do a little more research and post any information I have here but if anyone has any comments or information to add please let me know.

Many Thanks

William

http://www.thehangar.co.uk/fuel/fuel.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

holyflyer
Verified User
Verified User

Post by holyflyer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:48 am

Enniskillen have their prices on the web. Current fuel deliveries are around £2.10 per litre including VAT. Deliveries just after Easter were around £1.85 per litre including VAT. Thus my guess is that Enniskillen have had a recent delivery and somewhere else has older dwindling stock and is awaiting delivery. See Flyer ATIS section for current fuel prices across the UK and Europe. You can spot where the deliveries have happened.

Demonduck
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Demonduck » Sun May 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Update

€1.60 per litre Avgas in EISG 01st May 2012

€1.35 per litre Avgas in EIKN 06th May 2012

Both above can be bought duty and vat free once you file a flight plan across the border.

William

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Post by aviatorsguide » Sat May 12, 2012 2:47 pm

EDIT:
Confirmation of no cheap fuel at EIKN, got it today....

Hello,

Avgas Domestic EUR2.35 + 23% vat per litre
Avgas Export EUR1.77 23% Vat per litre

Regards
Majella
operations

Ireland West Airport Knock, Charlestown, Co. Mayo, Ireland
T +353 94 93 68132
E operations@irelandwestairport.com
Last edited by aviatorsguide on Sun May 13, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demonduck
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Demonduck » Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 am

I was in eikn last Monday with two other pilots and I checked at the information desk, they called up on the radio and we clearly heard him say 1.35 per litre for avgas.we also got it confirmed that it would be duty free if we had a flight plan in the system.
We heard it from the horses mouth so to speak which is even better than a phone call in my book.
I did however send them an email last Tuesday just to get confirmation on the fuel prices but I have had no response.