This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

mcdee6174
Verified User
Verified User

NMAI and Flying In Ireland Fly-in Clonbullogue 2011 Photos

Post by mcdee6174 »

Another lovely weekend for a fly-in, this time Clonbullogue was the setting
while crazy people jumped out of a perfectly good Pillatus PC-6 there were a few
microlght's coming and going

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcdee6174/ ... 975932705/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for looking at my photo's
brgds
A Mc Donnell

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Re: NMAI and Flying In Ireland Fly-in Clonbullogue 2011 Photos

Post by aviatorsguide »

Nice Shots - you can make dirty airplanes look clean.

Doubt you can do the same with sunburn..... should have brought suncream... was a scorcher out there yesterday!

William

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

Post by shrtfld »

Great day NMAI and FII. You even managed the weather.

The photo album captures the mood and variety of aircraft there. Long distance prize has to go the Spanish Tecnam. A father and son crew are here on two weeks holidays having flown from Madrid - 8.5 hours in the Tecnam. He will be dropping into various airfields over next week or two.
Shrtfld

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Well done

Post by hum »

Quite an achievement to have over 50 different types visit by 5pm and still manage an uninterrupted days parachuting... Good work on the RT by everyone.. especially the boys in the caravan... :D

cubpilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by cubpilot »

had a great time and well done. still wondering who the two parachutists were who waved at me as i closed on them at 190mph. ( they were on the ground)
same again next year please

mcdee6174
Verified User
Verified User

Post by mcdee6174 »

Good Evening....

Just finished up-loading the photo's from Sunday on the web same link as above.

Thanks to the Flying in Ireland, NMAI, the Irish parachute club and to everybody who helped
organised the event. Looking forward to next year.

Brgds
Andrew Mc Donnell

Raven 912
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Raven 912 »

Thanks to everyone for coming. The organisation was well worth it. I must actually go to one of these events some time. Organising and running them, enjoyable as it is, can lead to missing something over the weekend.

My special thanks to Gerry Humphreys who took my mate for a spin on Saturday. He still had a Father Dougal trance like blank expression on his face last night. As he left for home he just said. 'You've made my whole life'.

Cub Pilot. Those jumpers did mention it to me on Saturday night. They wanted to know what the little red plane that flew past them really low as they waved was.

What a weekend. I'm writing an article now for FII to go with the photos so I'll leave it at this for the moment.

Without the pilots coming in the Fly-In cant happen. Thanks so much for coming and making it the event that it was. Your support is very much appreciated.

All the best
Paul

cubpilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by cubpilot »

Bede BD5 Gr. ( G describes the wing section and r denotes rotary engine)
speeds: cruise at 165/170mph no idea of max as engine over revs straight and level but i get 185/190 on a run past parachutists!
approach 105-110 touchdown 80.
was not sure if they were smiling or grimacing

bumitch
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bumitch »

cubpilot wrote:Bede BD5 Gr. ( G describes the wing section and r denotes rotary engine)
Nice fly past at Hook Head yesterday too. Particularly liked the wing roll. Seemed to have to throttle back for that :)

Higgie
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Higgie »

I thought that I had done a good bit of flying at the weekend until I read Damiens abbreviated report of the Mizen to Malin trip.
this is dedication

Just filled out my log book last night, so here are my hours for the Mizen to Malin trip.

Friday - Enfield to Birr to Cappaura to Croom to Bantry Total = 5 hours

Saturday - Bantry to Rathcoole via Mizen Head to Croom to Lurganmore to Frenchpark to Ruskey to Malin Head to Ruskey Total = 8 hours and 25 minutes

Sunday - Ruskey to Granard to Clonbullogue to Enfield = 4 hours and 5 minutes

Came home exhausted to a little sick 2 year old boy, have not had a full nights sleep since Thursday, i'm still exhausted, but it was oh so worth it.
and probably less than €200 for the fuel
regards
Higgie

damienair
Verified User
Verified User

Post by damienair »

Thanks Higgie,

I actually had a fantastic 3 day flying holiday in my little Pegasus XL 462 EI-ELV logging 17 hours and 30 minutes,and including fuel, taxi's, evening meals and pints I still had change out of 300 euro's. That's what flying on a shoe string is all about, affordable and puts a huge cheesy grin on your face for months afterwards. Thanks for the photo's I was captured twice, I'd love a copy if at all possible.

Thanks to all in Clonbullogue , Mark, Higgie and Paul for organising the fantastic event, Iain and Graham in the Tower, it was a wonderful way to finish off the Mizen to Malin trip, there was such an amazing athmosphere in Clonbullogue, congrats to all for making it such a huge success.

Damien.
Pegasus XL 462
PILOTS are just PLANE people with a special AIR about them

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

Post by stovepipe »

Hi all,
It was a great weekend for light aviation, no doubt. Two things surfaced: the parachutists rightly complained about people walking on their laid out gear in the parachute hangar, but I felt that this was caused by the barriers stopping direct access to the restaurant and toilets and compelling them to go thru the hangar to get back to their aircraft. Also, there was no restriction of access to the aircraft park and I saw several groups of non-pilots having a look around. Nothing wrong with that in itself but there were several instances of climbing on wings and opening doors. One father in particular put a son on a wood/fabric wing and took a photo and was about to lift up a second until I asked him not to. He was quite put out until I explained what the wing was made of.
regards
Stovepipe