ERRORS in the VFR Flight Guide.
  • mixturerich
    Verified User
    Verified User

Re: ERRORS in the VFR Flight Guide.

by mixturerich » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi Kev,

If I'm not mistaken, Hacketstown may not be operational anymore.

Cheers,

Mixturerich.
    hum
    Verified User
    Verified User

by hum » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:24 am

Its interesting to see just how far this information has made it into aviation databases... I wonder if those responsible asked permission...?

For example, my strip's co-ords in 'the book' have a small mistake (about 1 nm out) - the exact same co-ordinates are 'hard wired' into Garmin's aviation database on their 496....
  • EI KEV
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by EI KEV » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Cheers Gerry,

I was unaware of this copyright infringement. I shall have a word with my legal advisor to decide how to deal with this. It's my firm intention to protect the copyright from any company or individual who seeks to breach it.

Anyway, the good news is ... VFR Flight Guide 2011 is almost ready. I am in the process of setting up a website to allow people to purchase it. This website should be ready in the next few days. New photos, LOADS more strips, LOADS more useful information and incorporating the improvements people have been asking for. The book will be available in the spiral version you already know, but will also be produced as a version for ring binder which will allow updates and changes.

AND more good news .. for those of you who have asked for an electronic version ...
    Apple and iTunes have just approved my VFR Flight Guide - Ireland iPhone/iPad app. ALL the information contained in the book. Zoomable Pics, and a search function, add you own notes for every field and even make you own list of favorite fields.

EVEN BETTER ... "The Federal Aviation Administration is allowing charter company Executive Jet Management to use Apple's tablet as an approved alternative to paper charts. The authorization follows three months of rigorous testing and evaluation of the iPad and Mobile TC, a map app developed by aviation chartmaker Jeppesen." ..." By allowing the company's pilots to use the Apple iPad as a primary source of information, the FAA is acknowledging the potential for consumer tablets to become avionics instruments."

So you can expect to find an iPad in lots of cockpits - and have all the information contained in the book to hand when you need it, with regular updates.

I will keep you posted when everything is ready to go.

Regards

Kevin
  • Fanstop
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Fanstop » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 pm

well done Kev. i hope to be among the first to buy it. by the way there is a very cool app for weather TAF's and METAR's at AERO WEATHER. handy for any location.
  • NAG
    Verified User
    Verified User

by NAG » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 am

Fantastic news Kev. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
  • Ragtop Squadron
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Ragtop Squadron » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Very good news Kev, once again you are ahead of the game with a VFR Flight Guide AP, gues we should be calling you Mr Jeppesen. Keep up the good work, nobody does it better :D
  • kilo delta
    Verified User
    Verified User

by kilo delta » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Excellent news on the electronic version,Kevin. Will there also be a version available for android phones? I've never bought into the whole ixxx thing! :lol:
  • Bluebeard
    Verified User
    Verified User

by Bluebeard » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Yes Kevin could we have a non-Ipad version e.g. Android as suggested above would be great?
    Saves weight in the cockpit! :D