This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

mixturerich
Verified User
Verified User

Re: ERRORS in the VFR Flight Guide.

Post by mixturerich »

Hi Kev,

If I'm not mistaken, Hacketstown may not be operational anymore.

Cheers,

Mixturerich.

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hum »

Its interesting to see just how far this information has made it into aviation databases... I wonder if those responsible asked permission...?

For example, my strip's co-ords in 'the book' have a small mistake (about 1 nm out) - the exact same co-ordinates are 'hard wired' into Garmin's aviation database on their 496....

EI KEV
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EI KEV »

Cheers Gerry,

I was unaware of this copyright infringement. I shall have a word with my legal advisor to decide how to deal with this. It's my firm intention to protect the copyright from any company or individual who seeks to breach it.

Anyway, the good news is ... VFR Flight Guide 2011 is almost ready. I am in the process of setting up a website to allow people to purchase it. This website should be ready in the next few days. New photos, LOADS more strips, LOADS more useful information and incorporating the improvements people have been asking for. The book will be available in the spiral version you already know, but will also be produced as a version for ring binder which will allow updates and changes.

AND more good news .. for those of you who have asked for an electronic version ...
Apple and iTunes have just approved my VFR Flight Guide - Ireland iPhone/iPad app. ALL the information contained in the book. Zoomable Pics, and a search function, add you own notes for every field and even make you own list of favorite fields.

EVEN BETTER ... "The Federal Aviation Administration is allowing charter company Executive Jet Management to use Apple's tablet as an approved alternative to paper charts. The authorization follows three months of rigorous testing and evaluation of the iPad and Mobile TC, a map app developed by aviation chartmaker Jeppesen." ..." By allowing the company's pilots to use the Apple iPad as a primary source of information, the FAA is acknowledging the potential for consumer tablets to become avionics instruments."

So you can expect to find an iPad in lots of cockpits - and have all the information contained in the book to hand when you need it, with regular updates.

I will keep you posted when everything is ready to go.

Regards

Kevin

Fanstop
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Fanstop »

well done Kev. i hope to be among the first to buy it. by the way there is a very cool app for weather TAF's and METAR's at AERO WEATHER. handy for any location.

NAG
Verified User
Verified User

Post by NAG »

Fantastic news Kev. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Ragtop Squadron
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Ragtop Squadron »

Very good news Kev, once again you are ahead of the game with a VFR Flight Guide AP, gues we should be calling you Mr Jeppesen. Keep up the good work, nobody does it better :D

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta »

Excellent news on the electronic version,Kevin. Will there also be a version available for android phones? I've never bought into the whole ixxx thing! :lol:

Bluebeard
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bluebeard »

Yes Kevin could we have a non-Ipad version e.g. Android as suggested above would be great?
Saves weight in the cockpit! :D