EASA Permit to Fly part 21

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

fireblade900
Unverified User
Unverified User

EASA Permit to Fly part 21

Post by fireblade900 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:13 pm

I was browsing "afors.com" site and "planecheck.com" , a wishing list for santy, as you do..., and came across a C172 for sale with a notation referring to an EASA Permit to Fly (part 21). I thought this was only possible on the old C140's. Have EASA changed something recently ? Is it now possible to purchase a decent aircraft and change the operating maintenance to a permit cert ?

I'm currently trying to read up on the easa website, but it might aswell be written in .._.._... , I'de rather paint my kids room, clear out the garage, sort out socks, yes I have a list of chores, but by the time I fully understand what is actually written, I would like to ask anyone out there whom might know a bit more about the subject and if you came across a similar query .

Meanwhile I"m reading on the EASA site.
http://www.easa.europa.eu/certification ... ns-FAQ.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,

Happy xmas, and hopefully some clear flying again in March.

P.S. by the way the the aircraft for sale I was referring to is listed on
http://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=14574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chap20277
Verified User
Verified User

Re: EASA Permit to Fly part 21

Post by chap20277 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:19 am

Fireblade 900,

The Easa Permit to fly is just a temporary permit to move the aircraft that is good for 28 days. It's mentioned probably due to the fact that the aircraft needs an annual and more than likely doesn't have a valid ARC. Once issued it means you can move the aircraft to the approved maintenance provider to have an airworthiness review carried out and ARC issued. Cheap aircraft none the less!!

chap20277

Jim
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: EASA Permit to Fly part 21

Post by Jim » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:15 pm

A part 21 Permit may be issued from 1 - 90 Days depending on its reason for issue.

"Any aircraft that does not hold a valid CoA or R-CoA, but are capable of safe flight under defined conditions and for the following purposes may be eligible for an EASA Permit to Fly:

1. development;
2. showing compliance with regulations or certification specifications;
3. design organisations or production organisations crew training;
4. production flight testing of new production aircraft;
5. flying aircraft under production between production facilities;
6. flying the aircraft for customer acceptance;
7. delivering or exporting the aircraft;
8. flying the aircraft for Authority acceptance;
9. market survey, including customer's crew training;
10. exhibition and air show;
11. flying the aircraft to a location where maintenance or airworthiness review are to be performed, or to a place of storage;
12. flying an aircraft at a weight in excess of its maximum certificated takeoff weight for flight beyond the normal range over water, or over land areas where adequate landing facilities or appropriate fuel is not available;
13. record breaking, air racing or similar competition;
14. flying aircraft meeting the applicable airworthiness requirements before conformity to the environmental requirements has been found;
15. for non-commercial flying activity on individual non-complex aircraft or types for which a certificate of airworthiness or restricted certificate of airworthiness is not appropriate.

Only those purposes where design elements are involved require EASA to approve the Flight Conditions, except where DOA privileges exist.

Note that aircraft qualifying for Permits to Fly do not necessarily comply with the Essential Requirements set out in Regulation (EC) No 216/2008, Article 5, and referred to in Annex 1 to that Regulation."
Defending the rights of GA in Ireland.
http://www.aopa.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;