Support Erinagh Airfield

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

BDoyle
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Support Erinagh Airfield

Post by BDoyle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:05 am

Thats a real shame Tim it was a great facility to visit. Best of luck with the planning application.

Tim Hanly
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Tim Hanly » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:35 am

Hi All,
Just to keep you posted, I had some good news from An Board Planala today. As everyone knows the council have been on my case for 3 years now re the planning situation on EIER. They have always argued that the works I carried out on my lands needed planning permission because I used my land as an airstrip. I argued that the works were agricultural drainage and were exempted development. The board have agreed with me on all counts and so have cleared the way for me to make a full planning application for an airfield in erinagh. This will be lodged asap and hopefully by 2015 we will hold the Flyinginireland fly in EIER. Anyone out there who can offer professional planning services or advice, please contact me.
Best Regards,
Tim Hanly.
N707XJ

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:43 am

Hi Tim,

That's fantastic news, it's great to hear some positive news about an airfield for once. We hear too many stories about airfields closing down. Keep us updated with progress.

Regards,
Mark
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Congratulations Tim, you don't need me to tell you thats the first hurdle over, but knowing councils they will make every attempt to place a few more in your way. Looking forward to seeing Erinagh Airfield up and running again. All the best for the future. Don't let the so and so's grind you down.

Regards Hugo.
http://www.irishavsites.com/ The historical listing of Aviation Sites in Ireland

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Thanks Great news Tim. I had the great pleasure of flying into your airfield a few years so. I would love to do so again for a FII flyin!

Best of luck with your application.

Woods
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Woods » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Big congratulations are due to you for standing up to the bureaucrats. It's a disgrace that taxpayers' money is used to harass taxpayers' legitimate use of their own property, according to subjective and vague "planning" principles that vary with local politics.