Onrisk Insurance

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

xair899
Unverified User
Unverified User

Onrisk Insurance

Post by xair899 »

If you are insured through Onrisk, check that your policy is still valid.
From reports on several forums (forii?) it appears they may be having problems.
They certainly are not sending out renewal notices to existing policy holders.

Nick

Higgie
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Onrisk Insurance

Post by Higgie »

copied and pasted from NMAI forum
I think Paul meant ALPHA are the brokers rather than Albion

Number of posts: 159
NMAI Number:(if any): 2034
Registration date: 2008-01-28

Subject: Microlight Insurance.............Important Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:28 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has recently come to our attention that there appear to be problems with Onrisk. I have contacted the underwriter who assures me that there are no issues regarding existing policies taken out with Onrisk.

However, it would also appear that Onrisk are no longer accepting requests for aviation insurance and the underwriter Albion have given us the following details for NMAI members requiring insurance. As far as we are aware at this time there are no changes to the NMAI scheme.

We will continue to stay in constant contact with the underwriter and we are meeting with him in May. We will of course keep you informed of any changes at all times. In the meantime here are the details of the new broker. Policies are still underwritten by Albion.

Joint Aviation Services Ltd

c/o Vroni O'Brien

Joint Aviation Services Ltd

Tel: 01420 88664

Fax: 01420 542003

8 Old Aylesford Buildings

Froyle Road

Shalden

Alton

Hants

GU34 4BY

UK

All the best
Paul

Hope this helps. I talked to KIM at Joint Aviation on friday and she was most helpful.
renewed my policy by phone and sent policy document by email within 3 hours as it ran out on the day.
regards
Higgie

hedgehopper
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hedgehopper »

does anyone know what onrisk quote for third party or conprehensive with full hull cover on an xair microlights through the nmai scheme? our insurance is just up but we went through bmaa and i was considering joining nmai if it was cheaper or same price , thats if we can get a quote. thanks, hedgehopper.

Raven 912
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Raven 912 »

Contact Joint Aviation Services. Third party and passenger is 266.40 euro through the NMAI scheme. Thats for EU mandatory minimum. Hull cover will be quoted depending on your requirements as will ground risks, student cover etc

All the best
Paul