This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

willo
Verified User
Verified User

ILAS & FII Mag

Post by willo »

Hi all,
I'm seeking to expand somewhat the General (real flying!!!) Aviation section of the mag.
In the Feb mag, I will be concentrating on fuel, including the ethanol content in Mogas ( a subject separtely discussed on this forum), for which the NMAI are taking an initiative with the government, the use of Avgas in certified aircraft, and anything else that crops up.
For the March mag, I propose to look at the representatvie bodies for aviators in Ireland. Therefore, I am asking the following:
Does anyone have a contact for ILAS
Are there a representative bodies for helicopter pilots (I have the Irish Sport Rotorcraft Club, but not sure if it covers conventional helicopters)
Can I have a contact for NASRav.
I hope to have an area each month, but don't proclaim to be an expert, so hopefully, it will encourage discussion & knowledge sharing on the forum subsequently. These areas will include, hopefully, licensing, maintenance, medical, training etc
I would appreciate all inputs, comments, and no doubt, I'll make some serious errors, so comments, corrctions etc.
If anyone would like to contact me, please email brian@flyinginireland.com
Cheers
Willo

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Re: ILAS & FII Mag

Post by ceatach »

Hi Willo!
Best of luck with your endeavors! As for nasrav, I know it has been inactive for many months. The directors are currently talking about winding up the company due to lack of interest/support, while the funds slowly trickle out. I believe there was mention of one last public appeal for support/new members/committee etc.. Maybe your section of the magazine is a possible channel for that appeal??
Anyway, the contact address is committee@nasrav.org -> a message to that email is redirected to all the committee members.
Kind regards.

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo »

Hi Ceathach,

Many thanks for that, have sent the email out.

Am getting some responses, so hopefully it will build momentum. All contributions welcome.

On a differetn atter, I am sending out a PM, but seems stuck in Outbox. Anyone got an idea how to get it sent!

Cheers

willo

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot »

Willo,

A PM that is in your outbook, means that it has been sent, but hasn't been read yet.
Once the receipiant reads it, it will disappear from your outbox ;)

I hope that that helps!

P

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo »

Hi Pilot

Cheers for that.

its gone now, so must be read!

Thanks

Willo

tu154
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by tu154 »

Willo,
IHOP is the/a representative body for helicopter owners and pilots. I will PM a contact email.

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo »

Hi Tu154

got that, many thanks

Cheers

Willo

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo »

Hi all,

I have contacted all the main rep bodies, but am also looking for any organisations that look after aviators, e.g. I think there is a club for R22 owners & one for Ce,180 owners (William you about?)

I realise that these aren't representative, as such, but more social clubs, but may be of interest to other potential members. (They will need to be actual, as opposed to being Facebook groups!!!)

Cheers

Willo