This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

737DRIVER
Unverified User
Unverified User

SEP Revalidation

Post by 737DRIVER »

Hi all
Just have a quick question to ask. My SEP expires on the 7th of April, but I will be out of the country for a few months and won't be able to get the cert of revalidation signed. However I have all the requirements meet already such as 12 hours etc. As I am going to Dublin tomorrow for my medical I am wondering if I make a quick detour to aviation house would they be able to sort it out for me or is it to early to get it revalidated? Thanks in advance :D

737driver

jetjock
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: SEP Revalidation

Post by jetjock »

Call and ask for one of the ops flight ops inspectors. wont be a problem getting it signed if you meet the requirements.

Rudy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Rudy »

It'll be dated from tomorrow valid for 2 years.
Last edited by Rudy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

737DRIVER
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by 737DRIVER »

Thanks for the replies. Went to the IAA today and they revalidated the SEP for me and I keep the 7th of April expiry date in 2012. The 3 month time restriction is a UK CAA limit.

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by KeithT »

I'm in the process if transferring my CAA FCL to an Irish issued one. My SEP expires next month, as I will still be on the CAA licence can I get it signed by the IAA when I drop in the paperwork for the transfer?

:D

737DRIVER
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by 737DRIVER »

Keith. The IAA probally wont be able to sign a CAA licence but if you have the required hours for the revalidation and show them your logbook they should be able to sort out your new IAA licence.

buggyB
Verified User
Verified User

Post by buggyB »

Can anyone with a CAA PPL tell me what you need to post off to Gatwick with the revalidation form. I cannot remember if I enclosed my licence and/or logbook the last time.

Rudy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Rudy »

Keith T,
Why not get an Irish examiner to revalidate your CAA SEP rating before you change. There are 2 examiners in NFC, Weston so not too hard to find.
Rudy

hibby
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hibby »

I need to know this too - I have a CAA licence and my rating is valid until March. I've searched on the CAA website and couldn't find any form for revalidation. I sent an email to enquire what I need to send and am awaiting a reply. If I get any useful information I'll post it here.

Is it possible that I don't have to send anything to Gatwick - just get a signature from an examiner to say I've completed the 12 hours etc? Anyone got an authoritative source of information?

buggyB
Verified User
Verified User

Post by buggyB »

No, last time I revalidated I had to send at least the form that the examiner signed.I just cannot remember what else, if anything, I had to include. I also had to forward a copy of the form to the IAA as the examiner was IAA.

newboycork
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by newboycork »

Hi,

Any JAR / EASA flight examiner can sign the CAA SEP revalidation, and any other rating for that matter. If using an Irish examiner, s/he should give you a copy of his/her licence details, which, along with the appropriate CAA form for a rating renewal / revalidation, should then be sent to the CAA in Gatwick. And of course the important thing is that the ratings page in your licence be signed!

If you cannot find an examiner easily (which shouldn't be the case), you can also send your logbook, and the CAA form to the CAA for them to revalidate the rating. But for a signature this way there is of course a fee of £80 (!!!).

buggyB
Verified User
Verified User

Post by buggyB »

For those with a CAA issued JAA PPL, in order to revalidate you must have logged 12 hours SEP time in the 12 months before expiry of your SEP rating, including
at least 6 hours PIC
1 hour dual with a JAA instructor (signed by him)
12 takeoffs and landings

Then, within the 3 month period preceding expiry if you want to the rating renewal date to remain the same), you take your logbook and licence with a copy of the following form to a JAA Examiner
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119.pdf
You fill in sections 1 and 2 and the Examiner fills in section 3.
Then he signs the ratings page of your licence.
If the Examiner is IAA the you will also need to fill out the corresponding revalidation form for the IAA for their records. Then simply post off the completed SRG1119 to Gatwick. There is no fee for a revalidation by experience.

If you want your Language Proficiency signed off then the Examiner can sign section 6. Apparently he has to have flown with you in order to assess your proficiency, it's not just a case of being a native speaker and chatting with him. Otherwise technically you would have to complete the equivilant of a CAA radio licence practical in order to do it get it assessed. Depends on the Examiner.