EI-BJO

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

EI-BJO

Post by OSCAR BRAVO »

hey all,anyone have any photos of this aircraft(apart from the ones already online),nice looking 172 and a regular visitor to Castlebar(EICB) many years ago.still active in the Galway area i presume.

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Re: EI-BJO

Post by hugoj_air »

Hi Oscar Bravo,

I've placed two pics of EI-BJO in the Photo Gallery for your perusal. They have to be cleared for insertion before you can see them. I tried searching for a photo that I know is there, but I couldn't bring it up. Very complicated search system I think.

Hugo.
Last edited by hugoj_air on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.irishavsites.com/ The historical listing of Aviation Sites in Ireland

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OSCAR BRAVO »

thanks Hugo,ile pop into the Gallery and have a look!

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air »

Hope you have better luck than I've had on this section. Cannot find any mention of the two photos I placed on the Gallery. I put them in the "light Aircraft" section and was informed that both have been sucessfully uploaded. For the second time I tried to bring up a pic I know is on the Gallery but could not bring it up. Why are there albums so awkward to use. As they are Aircraft, you should be able to add in the registration in order to show a photo of that aircraft. I know they are there, should be simple.
Can you still paste photos into the relevant part of the forum? or is it only to the Gallery now. If i can post to the forum, I'll try that tomorrow with my two cpoies of EI-BJO.

Hugo.
http://www.irishavsites.com/ The historical listing of Aviation Sites in Ireland

vortex003
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by vortex003 »

You can still post photos to the forum,but they are being cropped (about a fifth of each photo is missing).

Mark is aware of this and is working on a fix.Something to do with the new software the website now uses.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Hi Hugo,

I only got a chance to approve the 2 photos of EI-BJO now, you can see them at http://www.flyinginireland.com/photo/th ... hp?album=8

Thanks for posting them.

Regards,
Mark

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OSCAR BRAVO »

lovely vintage photos there Hugo,thanks for shareing!

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air »

vortex003 wrote:You can still post photos to the forum,but they are being cropped (about a fifth of each photo is missing). Mark is aware of this and is working on a fix.Something to do with the new software the website now uses.
OK v003,
Perhaps the Gallery is the best place for photos anyway, if we gan get easy access. I'm sure EGAB is quite now and very cold. Keep sending in those excellent pics, much appriciated.
mark wrote:Hi Hugo,
I only got a chance to approve the 2 photos of EI-BJO now, you can see them at http://www.flyinginireland.com/photo/th ... hp?album=8 Thanks for posting them.
Regards,
Mark
Thanks Mark,
It's a gripe about aircraft photo albums in general on many different websites and not just FII. Over the years I've found these very difficult to navigate. For some reason it seems impossible just to use a registration to find any photo of a particular aircraft.
Thanks for putting up the link. I know my two will be easy to locate for a while until there are new additions. Then we're back to "find the aircraft".
OSCAR BRAVO wrote:lovely vintage photos there Hugo,thanks for shareing!
Glad to put up the photos. I have many more which I would like to add and I'll try to add any requested if I have copies, but my time is now spent working on my website.

Thanks guys and a very Happy New Year to everyone.

Hugo.

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air »

Oscar Bravo,

I forgot to answer you question about the base for EI-BJO. It was always Galway/Carnmore and as the register say's the present owner lives in Oranmore I think we can assume that is right. But a little further down the register EI-BMH MS880B Rallye is shown as still registered in Falcarragh when in fact it never carried it's Irish registration, was dismantled in 1984 and scrapped in 1986. So if you can believe the current ICAR, then EI-BJO is based at Galway Airport.

Hugo

DonalMW
Verified User
Verified User

Post by DonalMW »

I saw it @ EICM about 15 months ago. Wingless. It was damaged by a fuel truck I think. Last I heard it's airworthy.
This aircraft started life as a float plane.....
I'm pretty sure it's syndicate owned......

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air »

Thanks Donal,

Thought I hadn't seen any mention of the aircraft recently. Didn't know it was a floatplane. Any idea where it flew from in that configuration.

Hugo

DonalMW
Verified User
Verified User

Post by DonalMW »

I have no idea Hugo,
I'd find it hard to contact folks in the know back home, I've become "plugged out" of the flying community since moving stateside, except for the few guys I know here.
At a guess i'd say that aircraft came from the USA, it has a more powerful engine than standard.
The few people that flew her that I know loved her.

Divine
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Divine »

Hi guys - just reading this now. Donal - hope alls well o'er yonder.
Am happy to report that alls well with `Julie' EI-BJO
Shes stationed in EICM as a few of the guys in Galway Flying Club have her

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OSCAR BRAVO »

Good to hear all's well with "julie".thanks divine.one of the best looking 172s around.

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OSCAR BRAVO »

"julie" was in sligo today for a visit.returned to galway around 2.there was a good deal of GA activity in the Mayo/Galway region today,good to see!