Campbeltown EGEC

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

cleared to land
Unverified User
Unverified User

Campbeltown EGEC

Post by cleared to land »

I need some help. I am flying to Campbeltown shortly. I need a bit of advice regarding customs etc. Any information would be great. I notice that it's not a customs airport. Cheers.

Sweeney
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sweeney »

From what I remember. - Customs form must be in 24 hrs in advance. I have a copy of it here from when I was training. I assume google the customs website and there should be a copy of the form. Its really simple to fill out.
"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot »

What your looking for can be found in this thread.

In addition, you should check with your Irish airport of departure and Irish airport of arrival (for your return) what their local customs arrangements are. Seems to be a bit hap hazard on the Irish end.

P

cleared to land
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by cleared to land »

Cheers all.

Bluebeard
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bluebeard »

I spoke to Campbeltown recently, intending a weekend trip as there's a new golf course beside it. Bizarrely, doing their extra special bit for local tourism, they are totally closed every weekend :shock: . And the usual HIAL indemnity arrangement for out-of-hours movements does not apply to this airport.

You would think for an airport located in the back of beyond they would encourage tourists. The golf course manager told me he's very frustrated. It's a long way by road from Prestwick .....

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot »

It used to be a 'top secret' military base, as I understand it. They don't particularly want visitors, but presumably someone insisted that they allow them.