This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

FlyingInIreland Magazine - Celebrating 50 Issues

Post by mark » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Dear Readers.

Today we celebrate the launch of our 50th magazine - August 2009. We have come a long way since our first issue in February 2005 and we would like to thank everybody who has helped us to get to where we are today. This issue is packed full of news and fantastic articles - visit HERE for more details.

To celebrate our 50th issue, we are delighted to announce a FANTASTIC subscription offer. From today for a limited period you will be able to get an annual subscription for just €40. A saving of €32! Please show your support for the magazine and subscribe either by post or online at www.pilotshop.ie. Each month your magazine will be posted direct to your door so you will never miss a thing going on in Irish Aviation!

Looking forward to many more magazines!

Blue Skies,
The FlyingInIreland Editorial Team

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:52 am

50th already :shock:
It's always a delight to read the mag every month.

Congrats, And keep up the good work Mark, And the rest of the team.
Regards,
M747
:D

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:11 am

I'd like to echo what Michael has said...congrats Mark and all @ FII.

ps. has there been any further thought of launching an Adobe PDF version of the magazine?

wolfie
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by wolfie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am

Congratulations to the FII team on the 50th edition, best of luck for the future.

Right, off to prize some pennies out of the piggy bank for a subscription :)

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

Post by stovepipe » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:36 am

Hi Mark,
Congratulations on your 50th.The mag is always first-class.
regards
Stovepipe

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Mark!

Congratulations-excellent achievement! Keep them coming! Looking forward to seeing you in FR!

T

Jim
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Jim » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:51 am

Congratulations and well done to all Staff.

We sincerely wish you the continued success which is well deserved.

It is now clearly a major part of the Irish GA World.

Jim

Roger Ramjet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Fare play to Flying In Ireland.

Post by Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:21 pm

I'm sorry to say that I let my flying in Ireland subscription slip as I did'nt have the cash, so my wife knowing how much I really enjoyed it stepped in to save the day and availed of the €40 deal.

She requested my subsription to start from August, well two days later I received the August edition plus a copy of the July edition. (In which I was delighted to find an article on Arthur Wignall- fantastic stuff)

Well I can tell you I am very impressed, thanks so much lads!!

Another happy reader!!

hibby
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hibby » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:52 pm

I've just signed up on PilotShop and I think the €40 subscription is a very good deal. Thanks!

Also, thanks for putting the article on Newcastle up on line. It was very useful for me to read it and see the pictures before flying in there today.

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:50 am

Well done on acheiving this milestone! The magazine has come on leaps and bounds and is excellent value at the €40 subscription fee. Here's to another 50+ issues!

I would, however, like to offer one piece of constructive criticism. It would be a good idea to run spelling and grammatical checks before going to press. I find it very frustrating to find several basic errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation on every page. It's just a pet hate I have and is in no way meant as a personal attack on any of the contributors. Running these checks or having the articles proofread beforehand should eliminate the problem and make the magazine an even better experience for all! :wink:

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Whiskey Tango,

We are always happy to receive constructive criticism, it is one of the best ways to improve the magazine. From the inside, it can sometimes be difficult to spot problems that are galringly obvious from the outside!

We generally have three people to proof read the magazine before it goes to print and we like to think we eliminate the vast majority of mistakes. Spell checker can be next to useless sometimes due to the technical nature of some of the articles. Perhaps the pressure of deadlines means we are proof reading a little too quickly! I'll have a word with the lads and try to improve this for the September issue.

Thanks,
Mark