This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Wanna try aeros?

Post by hum »

PLANE CRAZY Aerobatic Group

A NEW aerobatic group has been set up for PPL’S who want to become involved in aerobatic flying. This is a non- profit group where members share their resources, knowledge and aircraft to introduce and help New Blood into this sport.

In the past number of years Ireland has done remarkably well in both European and World aero competitions. The pilots involved have offered to give both their time and knowledge to increase the profile of Irish aerobatics and to help like-minded pilots. We are holding our first Aero Workshop on August 8th at Newcastle Airfield where beginners , improvers , and aerobatic plane owners can share flights, attend ground school, learn how to judge sequences etc..

If you are interested in becoming involved please e-mail, your name, address, phone number , and e-mail address to ….
planecrazyireland@mail.com
Places are Limited … First in …. early bird… and all that.!
Last edited by hum on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

Yes yes yes

:D
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

mr crow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mr crow »

Last edited by mr crow on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanman
Verified User
Verified User

Post by vanman »

I was always interested in aerobatics but only ever had a single ride in a Pitts with Eddie Goggins. Would definitely be interested but will probably spending that weekend dropping people out the side door if the weather is good. :(

Sweeney
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sweeney »

Yes please!

mr crow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mr crow »

Last edited by mr crow on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Aeros

Post by hum »

Hi, I posted the initial entry for a friend who has the access codes for the email address, I'll get him to put a follow-up post on here putting folk in the picture. AFIK things are going ahead, there is sufficient interest.

Regards

Hum

mr crow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mr crow »

Last edited by mr crow on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCRO
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by MCRO »

This looks like the beginnings of a great revival

All Aerobatic pilots tend to be the most generous of men and women when it comes to making themselves available at their most enthusiastic to encourage and upskill the timid and the pusillanimous

In Ireland to-day, I would say that, beyond any doubt, HUM tops the
pyramid

Maurice

hum
Verified User
Verified User

You are too kind!!

Post by hum »

:oops: This is not my initiative :oops: I'm just the bloke that knows how to work the computer :D

I've been speaking with the others and we will be replying individually by e-mail to those that registered an interest. :)

Alan Murphy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Alan Murphy »

A big thanks to Eddie, Anto, Johnny, Gerry and Dave (and anyone else involved) for a great event at Newcastle today. Excellent briefings and organisation was top-class.

Shame I had to head away early for work, but hope the rest of the day went as well as it started for everyone.

Thanks again to all.

AA5
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AA5 »

yip, really big thanks to everyone involved, learned a lot in a short time, great turn out and atmosphere, and even though I'm based there it was a great location and setup for the event, just fantastic, I'm hooked

Guess I'll spend the night searchin for a cheap aerobatic machine to take this further :P

koala119
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by koala119 »

I second that big thanks to Eddie, Anto, Johnny, Gerry and Dave (and anyone else involved) for giving their time, experience and of course their aircraft to the great aerobatic workshop at Newcastle today.

I enjoyed my trip in the Bucker Jungmann with Dave Bruton; one I wont forget for long time and its going in my logbook too!! :lol:

Weather turned out better than i had expected; Looking out the window this morning I didnt think it would be going ahead but it did and it was great for first event of its kind and I will definetly be back for more next time round; hopefully sooner rather than later.

Nice to meet people who all have a passion for flying and all things aviation; all with different storys to tell.

PS: I want that Russian Mig Bi-plane!!; Never saw anything like its performance and agility, ill be trawling the net for one of those now, watch this space!

Ill put up some of the pics I took of the event tomorrow

Thanks again for very enjoyable day

Koala119
Last edited by koala119 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bump
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Bump »

I'd like to echo all of the above. A huge thanks to everyone involved, John, Anto, Dave, Eddie & Hum etc - what a fantastic day and even the weather Gods were smiling at us!

Great flying, great company, great weather and a SUPERB location.

Looking forward to Plane Crazy II!!

Bump.

Sweeney
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sweeney »

Ah lads....all I can say is fan-bloody-tastic.

Honestly it was so well run and really informative. Especially for a beginner like myself.

Thanks so much to everyone as named above (Anto, Gerry, Eddie, Dave, Paul, Farrell etcetcetc). Really enjoyed my trips with Gerry and Paul. The airfield is a great venue for it.

Some crazy a/c there, loved looking at that mig going for a spin.