Unverified User
Unverified User

Display Times For Salthill Friday29th/Saturday30th

Post by Warthog »

Hi all,

Just a heads up about this weekend:

Friday 29th May:

18:00PM

Irish Coast Guard Sikorsky S61N SAR Demo Off Salthill Promenade With The RNLI.

Saturday 30th May:

11:30AM

RAF Red Arrows Off Salthill Promenade.

I advise all coming to Salthill for the Red's to be in Salthill for at least 11AM if not earlier in order for you to get your spot to view the Red's Display which is just under 30Minutes long, remember "Show Center" is the Car Park at Salthill.

The Red's have to display at 11:30AM due to the fact they need to be in Paris at 17:00 on Saturday.

It is hoped that two Irish Naval Ships ( LE Aisling and LE Roisin ) will be in the Bay for the weekend.

Enjoy Enjoy,

Dave.

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OSCAR BRAVO »

Thanks Dave for the up to date information for the weekend. looking forward to their display as useual.fingers crossed for clear blue skies,although the forecast aint lookin bad.

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta »

Cheer Dave....anyone want to reserve a parking space for me for Sat? :lol:

trimflyingclub
Verified User
Verified User

Post by trimflyingclub »

The Red's have to display at 11:30AM

Is this a confirmed time of 11:30am if the festival planner is still showing a display at noon? I know people outside of the flying world planning to be there for noon as advertised all along? just curious.

TFC

Warthog
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Warthog »

trimflyingclub wrote:
The Red's have to display at 11:30AM

Is this a confirmed time of 11:30am if the festival planner is still showing a display at noon? I know people outside of the flying world planning to be there for noon as advertised all along? just curious.

TFC

11:30AM Over Salthill, as stated above get there very early. WX is looking fantastic too.

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo »

Red Arrows - 9 Hawks @ €7 each for transitting the zone, = €63. Of course being near the boundary, they may transit a few times, so could increase!!! :D

Warthog
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Warthog »

LE Aisling and LE Roisin are now in the Bay.

robfahy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by robfahy »

Anyone with a scanner should tune between 242MHz and 255MHz for the air-to-air comms during the display. I listened in on it a few times and it makes it much more exciting.
There is no set frequency, as they change it from time to time.
Here's why (a quote from their website)...
There have been instances in the past where individuals have transmitted on our frequencies during air displays, offering advice. :shock:
This website has a great list of Airband Frequencies, including Shannon and Galway, which should also be busy this weekend.

Rob.

trimflyingclub
Verified User
Verified User

Post by trimflyingclub »

There have been instances in the past where individuals have transmitted on our frequencies during air displays, offering advice

Lads, any chance of staying longer then 30 mins :D :D :D

robfahy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by robfahy »

A buddy just told me he heard on Galway Bay FM that the Red Arrows will be doing a fly-past of the docks in Galway at 4pm today before landing at Shannon.

Rob.

trimflyingclub
Verified User
Verified User

Post by trimflyingclub »

Yip, the Red Arrows were over Galway Bay today at 4:30 today.....
and as already announced, their new display time tomorrow is 11:30AM.

:lol:

vortex003
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by vortex003 »

robfahy wrote:Anyone with a scanner should tune between 242MHz and 255MHz for the air-to-air comms during the display. I listened in on it a few times and it makes it much more exciting.
There is no set frequency, as they change it from time to time.
Rob.

Tune in to 243.45 - although it's common now for Red 1 to be heard via the PA system at most larger displays.Enjoy the show :wink: :wink:

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OSCAR BRAVO »

superb display today starting at exactly 1130 in lovely blue skies,huge crowd too.a good night in galway tonight id imagine. nice number of aircraft back at galway airport: Cessna 172's PH-BIT,EI-EDV,EI-SAC G-AVIC and EI-MCG. Bell 430 EI-TIP, G-BZOG a Dornier Do328-110. EI-GCE of the coastguard was on standby at galway all day. EI-MIK was out covering the ocean race with camera attached.garda eurocopter 256 was in for fuel also . in additio Aer aranns EI-REJ was doing engine runs for over an hour at the airport.