Aerosol Spraying over Dublin

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

captain slow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by captain slow » Mon May 11, 2009 10:32 pm

dude like i keep saying this is the best thread ever......i havent laughed so much in ages. Its kept me enteratined for free for hours today ......so yeah thanks!

It had all the ingredients.....conspiracy theory,large jets,umarked aircraft,big X's in the sky above a major capital city in europe, mention of programmes of spraying chemicals,tinfoil hats science and science fiction,satellite pics.....jasus there has to be bestseller in there somewhere.

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by KeithT » Mon May 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Just a got a call from a mate. He claims he saw Jack Bauer on Grafton Street this afternoon.

:shock:
Last edited by KeithT on Mon May 11, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Dunne
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Alan Dunne » Mon May 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Must say I thought the same thing captain...
Put the kettle on and watch the rest of "THE X FILES"

Great stuff... Cool

Interestingly. The moderators seem to be turning a blind eye to the regular irksome and inimical smug comments that have featured throughout.

There's an obviously priggish attitude from certain people here. There's been conceited hubris since Ken's first post......which I don't mind......but why my responses should be gelded is beyond me?

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:36 pm

:roll:

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Mon May 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Alan Dunne wrote:Interestingly. The moderators seem to be turning a blind eye to the regular irksome and inimical smug comments that have featured throughout.

That's because I'll probably delete the thread tomorrow :D

(or would that make it a conspiracy!!)

Alan Dunne
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Alan Dunne » Mon May 11, 2009 10:57 pm

That's because I'll probably delete the thread tomorrow Very Happy

(or would that make it a conspiracy!!)

I've no idea why you would delete this thread. It's pretty tame stuff.

It would be quite odd actually.

captain slow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by captain slow » Mon May 11, 2009 10:58 pm

Ah dont delete it...a priceless work of comedy would be gone and lost forever.

This is a classic thread........for hilarity if nothing else :lol:

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Tue May 12, 2009 12:35 am

Oddly Mark I agree with Captain Slow, it should be retained for posterity.
And as Alan Dunne says It's pretty tame stuff. I can understand why you would want to erase such a pile of rubbish; on the other hand it has broken all records for the speed at which it built up. That primarily was because AD kept repeating the same question
over and over despite several members attempting to explain the cause of what he
actually saw, which he has consistently refused to believe.
As Alpha Laura said the forceful manner with which AD asked his questions did him
no favours, he would have got proper answers a lot easier if he had been less belligerent.
At one point he said: “You should be thanking me for increasing the traffic on the forum”.
Well, yes IF the traffic had been generated by a subject that was worth discussing, but
in this case, definitely NO THANKS!!

Hugo.

Alan Dunne
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Alan Dunne » Tue May 12, 2009 1:24 am

That primarily was because AD kept repeating the same question
over and over despite several members attempting to explain the cause of what he
actually saw, which he has consistently refused to believe

Maybe if what they had described had sounded remotely like what I saw and not like some self satisfying "snopes" copy and paste; I may have been more "impressed" with your replies.

A group of self proclaimed Aviation "experts" that regard Geo-engineering as kooky "tin foil hat" stuff; despite it's massive mainstream coverage from New Scientist to Nature magazine is a strange thing indeed.

It fills me with confidence that during an economic recession our aviation community is abrest of all the latest trends..........

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Tue May 12, 2009 2:06 am

Hi Alan,

Unbeleivable how many replies this thread has got!

If you get your hands on an Irish Aviation Map, you can see where the VOR stations are located, there is a very well known one in the UK called strumble, it is off the walsh coast, there is a few pics if you search around of spotters taking pictures of these aircraft intercepting the station, where the contrails leave their markings, a few minutes later someone else will cross them, leaving a second, which look like an X,

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/105/2947 ... ba.jpg?v=0

If the air is very still, as it was reported was the case yesterday, these contrials are not going to do anything! they will remain still, sometimes, if there are very large upper winds, they will shape cirrus like clouds

http://www.pa.op.dlr.de/CONCERT/images/ ... cirrus.jpg

I made a trip last sunday to weston, (not the sunday in question) and opening the hanger doors in waterford, i could see all the contrails leading into dublin, cork and shannon.

Hope this helps.
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ » Tue May 12, 2009 2:58 am

Last edited by N714GZ on Wed May 13, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango » Tue May 12, 2009 6:37 am

Guys, I think we should leave it at that. We're obviously playing into this guy's hands even replying to him, he's a nutter. 12 hours constantly on the forum with immediate replies to all our posts, he's obsessed, a dog with a bone....let's hope it's a chicken bone. Alan/Ken, whoever you are, this is the last reply I'm making to this thread, I suggest everyone elso do likewise. :roll:

vanman
Verified User
Verified User

Post by vanman » Tue May 12, 2009 11:59 am

Admit it, N714GZ you're part of the conspiracy. How do you think MOL can afford such low fares? He's subsidised by the illuminati plotting to take over the world :twisted:

No need to stop posting Whiskey Delta, This is a bit of fun now. We can't help it if Alan or Ken aren't taking in the information provided. By the way thanks for the link to the NASA Modis site Whiskey Delta. Fantastic pictures. If you zoom in closely on the Lough Derg area, you might see a tiny white dot circling, clawing for altitude. We were getting great lift off the hills in the area, then it would disappear for a bit and come back at a higher altitude. But it's obvious that climbing over lakes is a waste of time. Sunday must have been a great day for gliding. It was great for skydivers.

As for Alan and Ken, whatever you saw or thought you saw. You misinterpreted it. The obvious explanation that it was several airliners is the most likely situation. The long lasting contrails were caused by the atmospheric conditions of the day. Go to Whiskey Delta's link and note the obvious contrails in the Irish sea. Notice how they end abruptly just north of Dublin, approximately in line with the cloud which marks the Northern edge of that warm front that was trying to move across Ireland that day. Clearly at that point conditions suitable for the production of long lasting contrails ended abruptly.

So Alan some tried to explain what you saw that day. If you want to believe that we are being sprayed by some mysterious organisation then that's your perogative. But you must understand why some people make fun of you. The truth is that if someone wanted to spray us it could be done in a way that didn't involve making huge clouds in the sky or drawing a big X. :roll:

BTW. Kilo Delta, well you can understand why I thought it was a wind up.

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta » Tue May 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Wind up's are for April 1st :) :P

There were a few guys onto Gerry Ryan this morning about these famous Chemtrails.........wonder if Alan and Ken were involved?
Apparently, the radio show callers claimed that the UK have admitted to spraying iodine on the general populus of London.....maybe Cowen et al has been pi$$ing all over us too? :shock: :lol:

Glad to see that all of this talk on conspiracy theories has shifted the focus away from the Black Op's C-130's that regulary frequent EIAB. :P

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango » Tue May 12, 2009 12:57 pm

I know I said I wouldn't reply but here's that satellite picture I promised earlier. It's of the English Channel.....if they are trying to spray people then why would they be doing it over water??!!

Over 'n out

http://veimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/6143/Fran ... 5.250m.jpg