Aerosol Spraying over Dublin

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

kendoyle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kendoyle » Mon May 11, 2009 9:17 am

Guys,I need some feedback on the subject of a letter I sent yesterday to various aviation authorities as a result of some very odd air traffic and behaviour I witnessed yesterday.I had made similar observations in the past but yesterday was the most intense and protracted episode of the like I describe below.I would like some advice and expert opinion.I an no aviator myself but even I know that what I saw was not ordianry activity.I wonder if anyone else has had similiar observations particularly pilots who have a good few years (20+) under the belt.

Thanks in advance.

To whom it concerns:

My name is ### ##### and I am a concerned citizen looking for
information and answers regarding a strange aerial phenomenon I have
recently become aware of.
I am referring to the unusual and regular aircraft activity I observe
above my area which coincides with long,lingering contrails that hang
about for hours on end and eventually dissipate into a mass of white
Haze.I was particularly horrified to see the entire horizon criss
crossed on this morning of May 10th 2009.In fact evemtually one could witness a
line of demarcation between clear blue sky in the distance and this mass of
haze I describe that formed as these contrails blended together and now
cover the sky above my house.I have taken several photos one of which
shows an aircraft emitting these chemical contrails.I don't know how
else to describe them.These are not clouds.As I said, I have stood and
watched today for hours these emmisions dissipating and forming this
disturbing haze which covers a large portion of the sky.

I must point out now that I am distinctly aware of the profound
difference between regular contrails which vanish very quickly and do
not form lingering masses of haze.I have been observing ordinary
contrails since I was a small boy and this is quite different.I am more
than a little disturbed.

Prior to the writting of this mail I have spoken with others and engaged
in some research which has informed me that this programme of aerosol
emmission is not limited to Ireland but may in fact be related to some
misguided global geoengineering programme.I have attached a news article
which discuss's this phenomenon in depth below.

I feel the people of Ireland are owed an explanation and I hope your
organisation can furnish me with information.I am keen to learn who is
coordinating this programme,what is being sprayed from these aircraft
and what is the purpose.

I feel it is worth mentioning that this issue has been raised with the
US house of representatives by Congressman Dennis Kucinich in his HR
2977 bill back in 2001.

I am not a conspiratorialist.I have no interest in conspiracies.I am
simply an observant individual who is currently seeking answers to
events I know to be out of the ordinary and concern me.

Yours,

Mr ### #####

Dublin

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Mon May 11, 2009 9:26 am

Can you post your picture of the aircraft here?

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta » Mon May 11, 2009 9:45 am

There's been a lot of talk about Chemtrails of late. Personally, I reckon it's all bs, though. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

http://www.chemtrailcentral.com/

http://educate-yourself.org/ct/

kendoyle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kendoyle » Mon May 11, 2009 10:34 am

Hi,how do I attach photos? Cant see an option for this...

I can tell you that what I saw yesterday was not BS.I observed this phenomenon till after 10 pm last night.As mentioned this activity has been raised in the Halls of officialdom in the States.

Check out this article from the London Gaurdian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Artic ... 07,00.html

Some folk have posted video from around the country on youtube I discovered yesterday.Search for Chemtrails Ireland

Are there any pilots out there who have witnessed this as relatively recent occurence? My understanding is that this all began in the late 90s..

captain slow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by captain slow » Mon May 11, 2009 11:07 am

I read the links searched youtube for chemtrails ireland and watched the results but all i can see from the pics and vids are 'normal' contrails. Atmospherics can mean that a normal contrail doesnt dissipate immedialtely.

Most of the comments attached are from what i can only describe as nutters. Like the guy in cork or donegal who got up one morning at 6am to see loads of contrails overhead who then had a fuzzy head and a sore throat.....me thinks the most likely explanation would be being outside at 6am rather than some mysterious chemicals floating down from the heavens. By the way nothing unusaul about having multiple contrails over certain parts of the country at those hours as all the airlines are flying from the states to europe which could mean 200 plus aircraft in a few hours at various altitudes all going over the same point......happens every day for the past 40 years. Multiple contrails over one point will appear to merge as they slowly dissapate.

I love the way you say your not a conspiratorlist but you want information on who is 'co-ordinating this programme and what chemicals are being sprayed'.....sounds to me like you already have your mind made up to believe this nonsense.

When i read the opening title i thought the OP wanted to know how to go about spraying a can of lynx over certain parts of the capital from the air !

kendoyle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kendoyle » Mon May 11, 2009 11:21 am

Are you saying then that is normal for contrails to coalesce into vast swathes of haze that linger for the entire day over most of the visible sky?

Its also worth noting that I also observed several "regular" contrails over the same period that vanished within minutes and certainly didnt produce the very very long trails that often went from horizon to horizon.

I'm in my mid 30s and I never saw this new form of contrail until recent years.

No "contrails " in the sky today I notice.Have all aircraft been grounded today? This time yesterday the sky above Dublin South was littered with them.

vanman
Verified User
Verified User

Post by vanman » Mon May 11, 2009 11:24 am

Oh dear, not the chemtrail conspiracy. I don't think it belongs on this forum, Ken. There's a conspiracy forum over on boards.ie. Much better there.

KiloDelta, KenDoyle, hmm bit of a concidence that you both have the same initials. If that's a shade account KD, it's a bit obvious if you want to start a wind up.

As for the chemtrails over Dublin thing. Well they were contrails. They were lingering all over the country on saturday. They reason is probably something to do with the atmospheric conditions over the weekend. Here's a sensible explanation for contrails which also mentions lingering contrails and how they spread out. Forget all the chemical nonsense. http://students.ou.edu/J/Thomas.A.Jones-1/contrail.html

I have been observing ordinary
contrails since I was a small boy and this is quite different.
That's because A. there's more air traffic around now and B. high bypass turbo fan engines produce stronger chemtr........sorry contrails :roll:

So put away you tinfoil hat Ken or Kilo or you're going to look foolish.

kendoyle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kendoyle » Mon May 11, 2009 11:40 am

I read the link you added.

It states "...Most contrails last on the order of seconds to a few minutes and only a small minority will last for hours..."

I'm not taking about a small minority of trails hanging about for a couple of hours.I'm referiing to the the entire visiible sky covered in a white gauze made up of multiple dissipated trails that were there till 11pm,at least 14 hours from my first observation of yesterday morning.The photos I took at dusk show the sky heavily laden with some sort of sun reflected particulate that gave off a strong purple hue.

captain slow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by captain slow » Mon May 11, 2009 11:52 am

Google temperature inversion and atmospheric dust. That expalins the contrails very slowly dissipating into a 'white gauze' that you saw.

Atmospheric dust expalins the rest and is particularly visible when there is a temperature inversion as all the particulate matter in the atmosphere is 'trapped' by the inversion so you get haze or smog during the day but also amazing sunsets in the evening as the light gets refracted. Nothing sinister at all im afraid.

As for the skys being quiet over south dublin today there are numerous valid reasons like different runway being used at dublin so the flight paths arent over your location anymore,its not the weekend anymore so traffic is quieter ,the temp inversion is gone.........

This topic is up there with the 'conspiracy ' a few years back that the US military were using abbyshrule as a secret base for their UAV and were spying on everyone from ireland to iraq. The basis for this rumour was that some muppet saw lots of all white UFO/UAV operating from IAB. Turns out twas samba's they were seeing!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dave » Mon May 11, 2009 11:56 am

I see nothing unusual about the weather on the 10 May. It was
a hazy weak warm front lingering over Ireland, which caused
a lot of haze:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38283039@N07/3521927848/

Unless you think the aerial "spraying" was 800 miles long from SW of Ireland all the way to Denmark...

vanman
Verified User
Verified User

Post by vanman » Mon May 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Read the article again Ken, it's covered
Long lasting contrails like the ones observed usually occur in parts of the sky that have preexisting patches of cirrus clouds.
I was flying all day on Saturday and Sunday. There was plenty of high level cirrus around, ideal for the formation of long lasting contrails as explained in the article.

The reason there's no trails this morning may be do with different North Atlantic tracks, but more likely different upper level temperatures and pressure. On Saturday the QNH, the sea level pressure, was around 1013, on Sunday it was 1020 and today 1022. It is definitely warmer today than Saturday.

As for your purple hue, you do realise that as contrail are essentially ice crystals and thus effectively prisms. You're bound to get colour effects.

kendoyle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kendoyle » Mon May 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks Vanman. I appreciate everyones imput.

A lot of the photos I took yesterday contain dense areas of cumulus cloud,not cirrus.I would be happy to upload photos if I could figure out how to attach em to these posts.Anybody? Can cirrus and cumulus clouds occupy the same air space at the same time? I ask because I honestly don't know.

kendoyle
Unverified User
Unverified User

JP-8 aviation fuel toxicity

Post by kendoyle » Mon May 11, 2009 12:21 pm

This is interesting and possibly related:

http://educate-yourself.org/ct/ctarticle12.shtml

ronnie3585
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ronnie3585 » Mon May 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Ha, another chemtrail related thread on an aviation forum.

Time to don the peanut butter soaked tinfoil hats lads.
Ow! My boating arm...

kendoyle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by kendoyle » Mon May 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Quite an interesting panel debate on the matter

http://www.prisonplanet.com/time-out-ex ... rails.html