End of Inquest into Connemara Accident - Recommendations

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Papa8
Unverified User
Unverified User

End of Inquest into Connemara Accident - Recommendations

Post by Papa8 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:34 pm

It only takes two things to fly:--- airspeed and money.

captain slow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by captain slow » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:28 pm

While im sure that the jury considered the facts as put before them ,members of the public and indeed anyone without current safety and accident analysis training should not be put in a situation where they are expected to make safety recommendations.

The jury further recommended that all light aircraft flying in Irish airspace adopt Irish rules

I wonder were that gem comes from? Any aircraft regardless of its reg is bound by the rules of the air that apply in the country you are flying in.
I wonder where the members of the jury led in a certain direction during the course of the inquiry.

I must admit that report in the Indo made me raise my eyebrow a few times.

I think the definitive story and any conclusions and recommendations are in the AAIU report that again was an excellent ,balanced and reasoned exploration of all that happened on that unfortunate day.

If any 'safety' recommendations are needed then i think the AAU are the ones to issue them not members of the public.

Hopefully those who suffered a loss of a loved one are now coming to terms and those injured are making full recoveries.