Flying in Ireland meet up Sunday 1st March EIAB airfield

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:08 pm

It has been set down for the 1st march. I'm planning to be there for about 11 ish.

cessna 210
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by cessna 210 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:28 pm

OK that's sound so. 1st march 11 ish I'll be there and I just hope there wouldn't be any thunder and lightning like the last time I was up there.

airoshane
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by airoshane » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Last time i was there we had to pull a pot off the lycoming!

cessna 210
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by cessna 210 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:02 pm

I remember one part of that storm and that was EI-COT making a landing in it, I don't even know how they found the runway to make a landing. It would be nice to see a air corps 172 rocket pop in wouldn't it guys? :lol:

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:41 pm

The more the merrier !

Don't suppose you could drag a PC9 alongside ?

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OSCAR BRAVO » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 pm

hopefully a good turnout,if the weather is good theres no excuses. its always great to hear EI-BUF power down the runway in abbeyshrule. had it down at knock yesterday doing a few overshoots. EI-BIS also dropped in. cessa210,its always nice too see the aer corps drop in and no better machine than the rocket!

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:58 pm

11 am on March 1st it is!

@ OB... BUF can rattle the windows a bit alright

@J3cub... All this talk of "streamer" cutting is starting to remind me of Colonel Crackshot .....and his Cub ;)

The IAC Rockets have been regulars into EIAB over the years.....it sure would be nice to see a PC-9 ;)

cessna 210
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by cessna 210 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Alright I'll to pass word on to the air corps and we will just have to see if anything will show, maybe a rocket or pc-9, maybe both or maybe nothing. But I'll try my best. Oscar Bravo any chance you might be able to get your friends at the connacht aeroclub to show?

j3cub

Post by j3cub » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Post Removed

deltakilo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by deltakilo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi, just wondering would I be welcome at your meet-up? I am very interested in beginning a PPL(A). I live in east Galway. I went to Abbeyshrule myself last August and met 3 really nice guys. It was a really overcast day and they were refuelling a plane. I think it was a tomahawk? I think one of them was Brian? One could have been Omar? Cant really rememer though. They were really informative and nice, down to earth guys. Something I have noticed a lot about people in Aviation. At the time I was going to start a ppl but as things panned out...start of leaving cert, financial uncertainty...time etc I have had to postpone it for a while. But hopefully I will pursue my dreams in the not too distant future (maybe when I go to college).

I would really like to go down again and meet some of the people currently involved with light aviation and see what my choices are. Can I go or is it a members only or aviators only day? Would I just be getting in the way?

cessna 210
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by cessna 210 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi deltakilo, This meet up is for Flying in Ireland website members to meet up, it doesn't say you have to have a PPL to go to it (unless I have read the topic wrong) but as long as you like the flying I'd say you'll be welcome there. Anyone got anything to add to that?

jonkil
Verified User
Verified User

Post by jonkil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm

deltakilo wrote:I would really like to go down again and meet some of the people currently involved with light aviation and see what my choices are. Can I go or is it a members only or aviators only day? Would I just be getting in the way?

I cannot see why you cannot come along for the day, you have an interest in aviation, you are a FII forum member, you intend to fly at some stage..... of course, come along.. There wont be any FII forumanites against that plan.
In fact I bet you may even get in a few circuits. Image

inverted
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by inverted » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:16 am

Deltakilo tip on down to EIAB. Theres nothing exclusive about the flyin, there never was anything exclusive about any flyin's over the past few years so I'm fairly sure its not going to start this year !
As jonkil stated you might even get a jolly round the area !
The more the merrier and great to see more people taking an interest in aviation !

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:55 am

Deltakilo, I fully agree with C.210, Jon and Inverted. In fact if any of your friends are really interested in aviation of any type, then bring them along too.

At present, work commitments could put a spanner in the works for me.
I'm working on a job that has to be completeded on the 6th Mar so could be up to my armpits for OUR weekend. But I'll make every efford to get there.

Hugo.

Turboprop
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Turboprop » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:40 am

I'm only a new guy to this forum and a few other forums around. But posted to say best of luck with the fly-in and enjoy.