Wheel found in EIDW!!!
  • tiny
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Wheel found in EIDW!!!

by tiny » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:22 am

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened after today when Rescue 1 & 2 were sent out on the active in Dublin this evening at around 4pm..... I was flying and listening to the tower and next min i hear the tower putting all arriving aircraft into a hold so they could retrieve a wheel that was sitting on the active...... I cracked up laughing...

Anyone care to shead some light on it?? Where did it come from?? I'd say a few departing pilots had brown spots when they were lowering landing gear at there arrival points...

Tiny
  • stovepipe
    Verified User
    Verified User

by stovepipe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi there
    I heard the rescue wagon say that the wheel was on the grass verge and was too big for one man to lift.There was a bit of confusion between the Tower and the Rescue vehicle about the exact location of the wheel.I was also told that the wheel was a vehicle wheel left behind by persons doing repairs to the manouvering area at night.
    regards
    Stovepipe
  • Bearcat
    Verified User
    Verified User

by Bearcat » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:00 pm

i'm suspicious there maybe a fire truck involved here. Earlier on the EI 105 had to use 16 as against 10 as a fire truck had bogged down in the grass adjacent to the rwy. They closed rwy10 and thats the last I heard as I was airbourne. This might be the wheel in the grass reason.??