List of Grass Strips on the Emerald Isle?

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

cessnaguy
Unverified User
Unverified User

List of Grass Strips on the Emerald Isle?

Post by cessnaguy »

Sorry if this topic has already posted before, but since I'm a new member and getting a bit lazy and bleary eyed late in the day;

Is there a compilation of all the grass strips in Ireland where one could be comfortable flying with a Cub?

Do grass strips have landing fees in Ireland?

Thanks,

John
'75 Cessna 150
Vancouver.

driver1a
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by driver1a »

Kevin Glynn's VFR flight guide is what you need. Although I'm not sure of the availability right now. I'm sure someone will come along update us with it's current status. Pilotshop.ie might have some.

There is rarely a landing fee but often prior permission is required, if only to let you know that the field isn't completely waterlogged or frankly no longer there.

There are a quite a few around these days. I'm alway surprised to see obvious strips, sometimes with a based aircraft sitting there appearing unexpectedly underneath me.

Papa8
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Papa8 »

Didn't I read here on this forum that there is a new Glynn guide coming soon with many more new strips included? I managed to get Glynn's guide only a little while ago from www.pilotshop.ie Kevin Glynn is based in Birr (Ormond Flying Club) which is a great grass strip well within a Cub's limits. Glynn is the best starting point when it comes to grass strips as it mentions the real situation regarding permission to land, contact phone numbers, photos of the field and more besides.
It only takes two things to fly:--- airspeed and money.

cessnaguy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by cessnaguy »

Thanks driver1a and Papa8.