This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

EiMPB
Verified User
Verified User

Weston Airport Noise Abatement training Video

Post by EiMPB »

Hi Lads,

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I've been flying from weston for over 2 years now and only came across it the other day!

The start details their policies and procedures blah blah blah..... but the second part of the video contains animated details of all approaches and departures from both runways in weston.

It might be handy for some of the guys new to flying or anone planning on visiting weston!

cheers,

MPB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfSKx0NFo-w

Papa8
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Papa8 »

Handy. Was I meant to know what an AOR was before watching this? Guess it means airfield operating region. I have the IAIP saved on my computer so must see if I can find that abbreviation in there. Would be nice to see a list of airfields that have non-standard circuits like Weston. Also excellent to show the lengths that Weston has gone to oblige residents where possible.
It only takes two things to fly:--- airspeed and money.

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango »

"Inbound aircraft stay well north of Maynooth and Leixlip"???? Don't they mean SOUTH of Leixlip.....they even show it in the animation. Only a small thing but still they should make sure and get it right

tally1
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by tally1 »

Generally in the aviation world AOR stands for Area Of Responsibilty. Whether it means that in this case i dont know.

It either that or Artists and Repotoire

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

Papa8 wrote:Also excellent to show the lengths that Weston has gone to oblige residents where possible.

And to handle bigger/heavier bizjets off R25..... :lol: :lol:
Regards,
M747
:D

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright »

tally1 wrote:Generally in the aviation world AOR stands for Area Of Responsibilty. Whether it means that in this case i dont know.

It either that or Artists and Repotoire

AOR - Area Of Responsibility i think applies to the section of the Class C Dublin Control Zone around Weston which is under the control of the Weston controllers during their hours of operation.

Tony
Wright Brothers.Aviation Pioneers: Orville (1871-1948) born in Dayton ,OH and Wilbur(1867-1912)born near Millville,IN. They were the First to Fly in a powered heavier-than-air-machine ,17th Dec 1903 at Kitty Hawk ,NC.