What happened to EI-BUA at Weston yesterday?

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

What happened to EI-BUA at Weston yesterday?

Post by Whisky Tango » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:22 am

I was having lunch in the Skyview restaurant at about 2pm yesterday when I saw several people, including a 4x4, going down to the far end of taxiway A, where EI-BUA had taxied to. It was on the grass, and I think in contact with the sign. They lifted the nose and pushed it back into the opposite grass verge near the perimeter fencing, then the three occupants hitched a ride back to the terminal in the 4x4.

Anyone know what happened? Did they hit the sign while doing run-up checks?

AOL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AOL » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:26 pm

The aircraft did not hit a sign it got a flat nose wheel. It was then pushed back onto the grass out of the way of an arriving citation. Amazing how rumours start!!

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:58 pm

Ah ok, it's just that from my vantage point it looked to be right on top of the sign. Still don't know why it was on the grass though?? :wink:

AOL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AOL » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:12 pm

The reason it was parked on the grass is because all of our aircraft are parked on the grass..

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am

I know that, I was actually wondering why it seemed to be on the grass at the Apron sign at the A-C intersection when the guys came down to it. It had been doing its run-ups checks there. Did it get the flat cos it went on on the grass in the first place?

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:44 am

Unless you have any involvement in the aircraft I would suggest that it's not any of your business and I'd advise you to think twice in future before posting unsubstantiated "I thought i thaw a puttycat" rumour on a very public forum.

Comet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Comet » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 pm

N714GZ wrote:Unless you have any involvement in the aircraft I would suggest that it's not any of your business and I'd advise you to think twice in future before posting unsubstantiated "I thought i thaw a puttycat" rumour on a very public forum.

OOPS... Looks like you will need to bring the can of grease with you.
Comet

Nidata
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nidata » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:33 pm

:shock: Ouch that hurt

What you saw ya did'nt see......geddit ?

Jays Lads the man was only havin his lunch, and wonderin what's goin on like ! :cry:

StrikeCommand
Verified User
Verified User

Post by StrikeCommand » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:58 pm

People using this forum may have a high degree of anonymity but when an aircraft registration is quoted, it uniquely identifies the owner. Internet search engines will bring up all sorts of stuff - including comments on this forum - when a reg is entered.
Sometimes we misunderstand what we see and surely no-one wants to create un-necessary problems for other people through our mis-perceptions.

Nidata
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nidata » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:47 pm

I have it on good authority the sign said:

Keep Off the Grass

8)

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Nidata wrote::shock: Ouch that hurt

What you saw ya did'nt see......geddit ?

Jays Lads the man was only havin his lunch, and wonderin what's goin on like ! :cry:

Exactly, I'm sorry I opened my mouth now, some people are very touchy and take things the wrong way. :roll: Maybe these people should go and tell the AAIA not to mention the reg's of all the aircraft they investigate in their incident reports lest the owners kick up (and before you say it I'm not calling Sunday's "incident" an incident in the that sense). :wink:

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:56 pm

StrikeCommand wrote:Sometimes we misunderstand what we see and surely no-one wants to create un-necessary problems for other people through our mis-perceptions.

Precisely why I asked in my first post if anyone knew what happened (If anything)

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Whisky Tango wrote:I'm sorry I opened my mouth now

Hey,

Dont be sorry, Some people on here are very touchy....

Here's the defiition to a FORUM for yee who dont know:
A public place for open discussion

We dont have to have a means to an end....
Or know the FACTS

I would have also being interested in what happened to UA if i'd have been there and noticed anything out of the ordinary :D
Regards,
M747
:D

EIEIO
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIEIO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Whisky Tango wrote:Did it get the flat cos it went on on the grass in the first place?

Yes, of course, because aircraft cant taxi on grass without getting punctures.

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:05 pm

M747,

I have no connection with the aircraft nor the airfield but I do have the good sense not to go on a public forum and concoct some possible incident without knowing the facts. If it bothered me that much I'd have the tact to ask someone in the know quietly and not the entire community on a public website.

WT,
A perfectly satisfactory explanation was offered why not leave it at that. It is in the very act of persisting in pushing your "from a distance" explanation that you could possibly create a problem for someone where none exists. StrikeC hit the nail on the head in his post above.

Im glad at least that you had the sense to delete your last comment.