Brittas Bay Airfield for sale for 3 million euro+

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

Flew Over Brittas today. Looks like there are lots of sheep grazing there. the Runway,s are Getting very hard to make out now :(

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

Brittas Wicklow

Post by shrtfld »

Hey Folks - please calm down. This forum is for the exchange of meaningful information by like minded pilots and aviation enthusiasts with a view to promoting safe GA. OK a little bit of scandal and a rumor or two do not go astray.

However when it becomes personal it has no place here. Whatever the good Mr King may allegedly have done to "Sticksforward" I truly do not believe this is the place for throwing barbs and criticisms - especially as it is unlikely Mr king is reading this thread. Therefore he does not have the ability to exercise the right of reply.

Suffice to say a nice airfield that was Brittas Co Wicklow is no longer and whatever the motivation for its closure it is unlikely the current owner will change its status.

If the man is unwell let it be. His land. Free country last time I checked.
Shrtfld

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic »

Agree with you there Shrtfld.

Its a real shame that it wasn't bought by new Aviation related buyers. It would be a very usefull GA field. Soon there will be Dual Carriageway/Motorway Standard Road almost the whole way to Brittas. It would have been quite reachable from Dublin.

I expect that the reason such a high price was sought was due to various Developers intrest in the last couple of years in the area. There have been numerous single houses and a few summer house estates built. It can only be expected that an individual would seek the best price on offer.