Newcastle

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

The Fixer
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by The Fixer »

At least Racecrest was man enough to retract and i take my hat off to him.

Lets all be happy and stay friends :D

Racecrest Aviation
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Racecrest Aviation »

Again guys, I have never used one of these forums before and have no idea of all its ins and outs re pm messages etc and how people take this so please excuse my ignorance..

Sometimes I can forget I'm talking to a room full of relative strangers, and as a result can come accross badly unintentionally

Inverted I think you have got things inverted ( just a joke ..!) was not meant to lambaste n e 1, ta really appreciate your comment though,

but n e way onwards and upwards look forward to meeting you all in march at the FII fly in . With reference to EiNC I hope you will all be happy to hear that there are currently 2 new RTFs being set up (both fixed wing and heli) and hopefully be up and running by very shortly. :D

Racecrest Aviation
Unverified User
Unverified User

Fixer yer dead right :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

C152
Verified User
Verified User

Post by C152 »

Congrats on the new plane Lazza, nice fly by on Saturday over EI-NC

Papa8
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Papa8 »

Sorry to hijack thread but if anyone involved with setting up either of the RTFs in EINC wanted to contact me by email on my profile I would be interested in hearing from them. There are a total of 7 RTFs allegedly in the application process at the moment. The issue of the RTF has become a bigger process since January this year. It is no longer handled by the Licensing Division of the IAA but rather by the Operations Standards department. I am a member of a club that is going through the same process (apparently we are first of the seven applications) and the new ICAO safety management system implementation that is now required before issuing a new RTF is something that others going through the process might appreciate understanding. In the past an RTF was issued without a formal approval procedure (that is approval given on foot of a complete application) but a full audit process is now looking the norm which leads to longer delays than a new organisation might otherwise expect.

The process now seems to involve inspection of facilities, hard copy possession of all the ICAO annexes, SI's etc, hard copy of a safety management system manual (expanded from 2006) plus subscription to amendment services. This is in addition to all the standard documentation clubs have always had to have as an RTF. How many places knew of the existence in their club of a 4444 document either? It seems that RTFs are going to be increasingly blurred to hold the same level of documentation, reporting etc as an FTO.
It only takes two things to fly:--- airspeed and money.

lazza
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by lazza »

John,

Just heard the wicklow county council are hoping you'll help them out with the flooding in the rest of the county! Fantastic work with the new drainage system, I couldn't believe the state of the runway today, see you on the weekend

Lj

John Nugent
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by John Nugent »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks L.....
Great team of people we have. god its good to see it come right
Really looking foward to this year .All pilots and Student will
all have fun . I got all them pilots I D badges for all the members
there great L.
John Nugent

Delta Romeo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Delta Romeo »

What is the latest with Newcastle? Whats this enforcement order all about? Is it closing or do we actually have an operating airfield? A proper answer would be appreciated.
Action Figure Sold Seperatly

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

+1 to the above, would love to take a trip up to Newcastle, it's one strip I want to have in my book. But I can never find anyone at the end of a phone with the right answers :(

Racecrest Aviation
Unverified User
Unverified User

Hi Lads

we are 100% operational having fun welcome to come in anytime, best getting on the blower to John as we are a PPR and in the interest of safety Im sure u will want a brief on approach etc... :lol: office is always open for a chat and a coffee just shout, have u seen the runway lately? Superb!! gotta dash goin flyin!!! Ciao

Mark 087 1265668

Peter1016
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Peter1016 »

Racecrest Aviation wrote:Hi Lads

we are 100% operational having fun welcome to come in anytime, best getting on the blower to John as we are a PPR and in the interest of safety Im sure u will want a brief on approach etc... :lol: office is always open for a chat and a coffee just shout, have u seen the runway lately? Superb!! gotta dash goin flyin!!! Ciao

Mark 087 1265668

Hi racecrest
Just wondering if the runway is open again after drainage works thanks in advance mark.
Peter Richards

jollyrog
Verified User
Verified User

Post by jollyrog »

I've planned two trips to Newcastle over the past months and been weathered out both times. I managed to do an overhead on the way back from Abbeyshrule last month, even if it was too muddy to land. Looks like a nice place, even if the Dublin controller didn't know where it was!

Does anyone know if all the planning hassle has been resolved?

I will visit you one day John.

lazza
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by lazza »

I was flying off it today and it looks worse than it is, there are about 10-12 small ponds which are being filed in but the rest of the runway is 100% including the intersection with the taxiway. We have have had very heavy rain for the last 2 and a half days and the runway was useable as soon as the rain went. Last weekend everyone on the field (about 20 aircraft) were flying off a rock hard runway and that was after a 2 day rest which had followed 10 days of non stop rain.

So yes, it is fully operational but PPR is required from John.
John has put down markers on the runway and taxi way.

holyflyer
Verified User
Verified User

Post by holyflyer »

Popped into Newcastle this afternoon. What a lovely place. I'd seen it from the train on many occasions, but today I got the chance to fly in whilst taking m uncle for a jolly. Although John warned me the runway was soft in places, it was no different from winter at White Waltham. A fabulous job has been done at EINC (with more to come) and they will certainly be getting my refueling business in future. All the folks were very welcoming and hospitable.

tiny
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by tiny »

holyflyer wrote:Popped into Newcastle this afternoon. What a lovely place. I'd seen it from the train on many occasions, but today I got the chance to fly in whilst taking m uncle for a jolly. Although John warned me the runway was soft in places, it was no different from winter at White Waltham. A fabulous job has been done at EINC (with more to come) and they will certainly be getting my refueling business in future. All the folks were very welcoming and hospitable.

Holyflyer,

Thanks for your kind words from all at EINC......

I think it's fair to say the runway is in an exceptional condition given we have had very heavy rain for the past 2 weeks....

See you again soon and there is always AvGas in the Bowser...

Safe Flying,

Tiny