Newcastle

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Racecrest Aviation
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Racecrest Aviation »

Fear not..!! The solution has presented itself after an in depth research project carried out by a team of Land Drainage experts alongside john, the fix thanfully, to drain and free the land from ALL future water is far simpler than we ever imagined, we should start seeing results in the VERY VERY..!! near future. As for comments on the PERCEPTION of there being no aircraft based here UNTRUE! :D :D :D We are all looking forward to a very memorable 09 at Ei NC roll on!!

j3cub

Post by j3cub »

Post Removed

Bladecrack
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Bladecrack »

Noticed in my new Irish Flight Guide that Newcastle has been "withdrawn", have they given in to the RONA mob? Ive only ever landed there once but it would be a shame to see it close permanently.

C152
Verified User
Verified User

Post by C152 »

They are working on the drainage problem at the moment there is work going on at the top of R/W 18

Racecrest Aviation
Unverified User
Unverified User

Bladecrack didnt anybody ever tell you something about not believing everything you read..!! More rubbish..!!! Of course we are not closed contrary to what your GUIDE tells you we are alive and well up here in Ei NC obviously a very un informed guide ..! And as for ROA who are they?! :D CIAO

Little Boy Lost
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Little Boy Lost »

Racecrest,
I love your attitude, keep up the good work.
And remember F... the begrudgers, just keep
on truckin'.

C152
Verified User
Verified User

Post by C152 »

Wicklow County Council have ordered the airfield to to remove the heli pads and the chalet and reduce the runway length back to original length, plus to stop storing heli's and aircraft in the hangars. Local representative Derek Mitchell says " we don't want another Weston here" :roll:

Delta Romeo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Delta Romeo »

Where is the exact link to that story? It doesnt amaze me that wcc are taking this attitude. Sure why do we need an airfield at all? Its not like we need pilots for Aer Lingus or Ryanair. They can all go to Jerez and other places. Everyone is going shopping in the north, why dont we just close down Republic of Ireland inc. and we can move all our money out of the economy?!

When residents moved into celbridge and surrounding areas they knew that weston was there, yet what do they do? Complain about the airport!

I would like to see the exact report and where it was stated 'we dont need another weston here' so that I can write to Derek Mitchell and express my anger. Then again i saw it was Fine Gael, and sure they roll over with whatever way opinion is moving.

http://www.finegael.ie/representatives/ ... 55/ikey/17
Action Figure Sold Seperatly

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE »

[quote="Delta Romeo"] It doesnt amaze me that wcc are taking this attitude. Then again i saw it was Fine Gael, and sure they roll over with whatever way opinion is moving.

Delta, political people are like sail boats....... drifting.....looking for that breath of wind that makes them appear useful. This kind of stuff happens world wide. The "scare mongers" come out of the woodwork predicting that 747's will eventually be landing there if the "airport people are not stopped now".

Most of the time, the less said, is the best approach as these issues just fade out, due to lack of interest. No "wind", if ya get my "drift".

C152
Verified User
Verified User

Post by C152 »

It was in local paper the Wicklow Times

The Fixer
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by The Fixer »

Who ever bought the place bought the baggage with it... alot of planning history with the previous owner all against him!

The protected bird area to the north and south dont help!

The only planning ever granted by wcc for this site was to build a house and all airfield related planning was turned down even Iarnoid Eireann objected to it's use on the grounds of public safety. :evil:

lazza
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by lazza »

All
Last edited by lazza on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fixer
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by The Fixer »

Lazza,

Where's the christmas spirit?
I 1st flew out of Newcastle back in 1993 and know the airfield very well. You state i am ill informed...what news to you have then?
All the statements i have made can be backed up. As a resident of Wicklow i know how hard things were for the previous owner and that is my point.

You should edit your earlier post.

Martin Maher

Racecrest Aviation
Unverified User
Unverified User

Fixer,

I think what Lazza is getting at is by flying out of EiNC in 93 does in no way INFORM you of anything pertaining to the current state of affairs at EiNC, and we're all from wicklow here so thats a dooby..!!! :D :D I. Eireann are in no way against us neither are the wildlife sanctuary on the contrary, we are all working together to improve drainage for the local area and having just completed a project to drain the land on behalf of the wild life sanctuary we are all just making the area a better place for everybody, we all have rights (however limited the wcc may view ours that may change very soon).

I think everybody will see the fruits of all johns hard work in the next few months and the beginning of the flying season next year should be a very memorable 1 at EiNC.

Rather than everybody putting things down and refering to how the troubles with planning and neighbours etc in the days of old, come out and see for yourself, newcastle has undergone a radical facelift in the last 6mths with regard to facilities and attitudes.

This is all being done for us the pilots not residents,councillors blablabla! Lets all make a point to fly in when it re opens when work stops (feb-Mar), much better than playing big willies on this thread ay?!!! After all who is this all being done for? PILOTS!!! and I think we should show our support for this stunning facility rather than quoting BS!

A very Happy Christmas and great New Year to All

The Fixer
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by The Fixer »

Racecrest,

I am very aware of the current state of things at EINC, my point about Wicklow Co Co and its negative approach to Airfields in the County is something that gets my gut.
The new owners have done a fine job on the airfield but Wicklow Co Co latest demand is something that wont go away!!

I did my ppl training at Weston back in the early 90's and flew a C152 out of EINC for many happy months and at the time a group of us were thinking of forming a group but any of the planning permissions sought were turned down, construction of a club house and change of use of the sheds to hangars.

By the sounds of the latest planning demands it looks like not much has changed.

I am not digging up the past i have just witnessed far too many good airfields being destroyed by locals, County Councils etc

Maybe what should be looked at is everyone singing of the one hymn sheet.