Revalidating PPL (A)...couple of questions!!

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Glide Approach
Unverified User
Unverified User

Revalidating PPL (A)...couple of questions!!

Post by Glide Approach » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi all,

Just a general query to some of the better informed of us....when revalidating PPL(A), i understand that a minimum of 12hours are required the year preceeding the "valid until date" typed into the license details...

this includes (as i understand it) minimum 1 hour with instructor and minimum 6 hours solo.....but here is my question doe the IAA allow any credit on the min 12 hours required for flying mircolight aircraft?? if the pilot holds rating to fly mircolights (PPL(M)...

Question 2, do these 12hours need to besigned off by instructor or RTF and is there a form available to be sent with License/medical/logbook to IAA?

Would appreciate if someone could clarify these queries for me,

Thanking you in advance,

Glide Approach

Rudy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Rudy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:37 pm

Requirements for revalidation are 12 hours total with 12 take-offs and landings in an aeroplane of which 6 hours must be PIC and 1 Dual. No allowance for microlights. Logbook need not be signed by instructor except for the training flight. Revalidation must be during the validity of the Rating. If you've all the minima but fail to get the examiner sign off prior to expiry it's a Flight Test.
Read the Rating page of your Licence for those requirements.
Safe flying.
Rudy

Rudy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Rudy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Requirements for revalidation are 12 hours total with 12 take-offs and landings in an aeroplane of which 6 hours must be PIC and 1 Dual. No allowance for microlights. Logbook need not be signed by instructor except for the training flight. Revalidation must be during the validity of the Rating. If you've all the minima but fail to get the examiner sign off prior to expiry it's a Flight Test.
Read the Rating page of your Licence for those requirements.
Safe flying.
Rudy