j3cub

155 Flight Plans filed with EINN for Cardiff Cup Final

Post by j3cub »

Post Removed

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

The Cardiff boys will have a busy day on their hands !

Have a great trip j3 ! I'd love to be going, but we've got a new tecnam at the aero club so we'll be playing with that for the day no doubt !

THIS_IS_AIRFIELD
Unverified User
Unverified User

Tecnams

Post by THIS_IS_AIRFIELD »

Hi Flyer1, i seen the section for the tecnams on the club website but the link is not working yet. there was 2 on the way correct?

would love to see some photos. any idea's of the prices yet?

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

THIS_IS_AIRFIELD - I know he'll kill me for showing off his pride and joy before he does, but if you go here: EI-WFD Tecnam photos, you should see a couple of photos he took :D
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

Hi there THIS_IS_AIRFIELD, the links should be fixed for it pretty soon I think. The rates are rather reasonable if I must say so myself. The Hourly rate DUAL is €138 which includes everything ( i.e. no landing fee's or anything like that )

The SOLO rate is €125 per TACHO hour. .7 of a TACHO hour roughly equates to an hour's flying so it works out at in or around €87.50 an hour for solo rental which again includes all your landing fee's etc.

Didn't get to fly it today, the Gusting 28kt xwind threw us off a little bit.... Loads of hangar hours logged today though !

THIS_IS_AIRFIELD
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by THIS_IS_AIRFIELD »

Thanks alot folks. WFD sure looks nice. I lurk around this website alot but as yet have zero hours to my name ( well 1 hour with PTC in EI-SKP last year, but im not counting that!)

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

Nothing stopping you popping out to the club and saying hello ! Pop out some time and we'll show you around, the only problem is the place is more addictive then a pub ! :lol: I kid you not

j3cub

Post by j3cub »

Post Removed

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot »

j3cub wrote: [...]Awful session ensued.

[...] Out to the airfield Sunday morning battling a serious hang over, and a couch surfing nights sleep.

I can't believe anyone would post that on a public forum. I hope it doesn't encourage others to operate in such a manor.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

You can't make assumptions that there was alcohol involved in the session. And for the love of god, don't turn this into a big one of those forum rows where ultimately nobody wins !

Great game, great craic, great flying !

inverted
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by inverted »

"I can't believe anyone would post that on a public forum. I hope it doesn't encourage others to operate in such a manor."[/quote]

Someone writes about their weekend adventure and the usual batch of hangar pilots are out to moan.....I'd say 10 more posts and we'll have a good bitching match going......Becoming typical here and rather off putting to anyone who might want to post something....for fear that they would be slated for something thay might say...kinda defeats the purpose of posting if your going to get a barriage of nonsense like the aforementioned quote.........and then we wonder why the board goes so quiet..............
[/quote]

EI_DC3
Unverified User
Unverified User

congrats on sea crossing

Post by EI_DC3 »

Alright boy! j3cub i caught the photos on facebook ye's looked like
some pair of boyos in them munster jerseys! WF must be the first wiseman to cross the irish sea!!What a voyage and that navy C180k taildragger looks a fine thing -some flying well done lads!

ps hope that farmstrip is well clear of the n4!

jaz

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ »

Flyer, I think the use of the phrase "battling a serious hangover" removes any possibility Pilot was making "assumptions" . You cant have one without the other!
Inverted, Pilot is far from what you term a "hangar pilot". What he couldn't tell you about international GA flight is not worth knowing. If Pilot has something to say lads, I'd be inclined to listen carefully. I have no hesitation in declaring that I am firmly on his side in this instance regardless of whether or not I may be perceived as a kill joy. Ours is a serious business.

Declaring on a public forum that prior to making an Irish Sea crossing in a light aircraft said individual was nursing a "serious hangover" after a night's "couch surfing" is at best ill advised, at worst immature. It does nothing to promote an image of a safety conscious community. For the individual's own sake, how difficult do you think it is for the powers that be to trace a C180? Be careful what you say.

I find it shocking that people could defend this behaviour. It brings the broader GA community into disrepute.

May I suggest that this entire thread be removed or edited for all our sakes.

j3cub

Post by j3cub »

Post Removed

Little Boy Lost
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Little Boy Lost »

J3,
Don't mind them, they're just a pair of jealous sissys.
You're home safe and never spoil a good story by being
all proper and straight-laced.