Rentals in Dublin

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

dara
Unverified User
Unverified User

Rentals in Dublin

Post by dara »

Anyone know of any? Not too bothered about aircraft type. Just nice and cheap :D
If you are asking me if this old plane is safe to fly, how do you think it got to be this old?

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz »

The NFC but they are tied to a five hour checkout for insurance reasons. Skytrace also rent their Robins but I imagine a similar checkout criterion applies.

In fact I would go so far to say there is nowhere in Ireland you can rent an aeroplane without joining a club or a protracted checkout. Am I wrong?

As for cheap. Depends on what you mean as cheap. Cheaper maybe!

Sierra Papa
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sierra Papa »

There is fantastic Cessna 172 G1000 for rent in Sligo.

ifty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ifty »

how much??

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

ifty wrote:how much??

€200 an hour.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

rentals

Post by Lambada Crazy »

Not exactly cheap, your best bet is to join a club. Waterford Aero Club will be taking delivery of their new tecnam very soon, that may well be a very cheap solution to flying. Also there is a pa28 there available to its members for €167 per tach hour. works out at roughly 133 per clock hour.

Did u try atlantic in cork yet?
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by KeithT »

Dara, Im in a similar position to you. Looking to rent an aircraft a couple of times over the summer.
I havent had a chance to get out to Weston yet but I was down with Atlantic in Cork the other day and discussed renting. They told me the checkout requirement would be up to the instructor, went throught what would happen on it and he said it could be possible to get the checkout done in less than two hours :roll:
The aircraft they have down there are pretty good, new enough and all were running the day I was down.