Heli Down near Dunshaughlin

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Vmax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Vmax » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:52 am

Beaumont doesn't have a heli pad like Tallaght for example, but it does have a football pitch which is very closeby. The Air Corp and Coast Guard would have a list of hospital landing sites they can and can't use.

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks Vmax. I've sent you a PM.

Hugo.

extra300
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by extra300 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:50 pm

I know that in the regional hospital limerick the coast guard helicopter has landed beside the staff carpark a number of times as it doesn't have a designated helipad.

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Thanks extra300,

Had a look at Limerick Regional on Google Earth. There are two car parks
on the eastern side of the hospital. Is it one of these.

Hugo.

extra300
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by extra300 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:09 am

I don't think its the eastern side of the hospital. It would be the carpark at the other side of the building to the North East of the roundabout (on the main road entrance). The A & E dept is located a short distance from there near the grass semicircle south of the carpark. (if you want me to email you a google earth edit let me know)

Just bear in mind its been so long since ive heard of the heli landing there, patients are now usually flown to the University College Hospital Cork.

As for Dublin, my brother is a surgical consultant in accident and emergency and has worked in hospitals all over Dublin- Crumlin, St.James and Beaumont. If you would like me to ask him about medical helicopter flights into any of those hospitals I can ask him. I do know he did a 'Major Incident' in south dublin a couple of years ago. It was basically an exercise in conjuction with Air Corps and it involved a simulated patient transfer in the Alouette from the scene of the major incident.

Regard,
Michael