This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

New IAA Maps

Post by Lambada Crazy »

Hi everyone,

I was shocked at the Price of the New maps out yesterday, for the 1:250,000 scale it cost me 36.30EUR, couldnt beleive it, That would get some people 2 hours flying :shock:
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

Flange Bracket
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Flange Bracket »

Aldi were selling a GPS for not much more than that!

EI-DJY
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EI-DJY »

Where abouts did you buy them from? I was on the website the IAA says they are on sale but couldnt see them anywhere :(
From an unknown aircraft waiting in a very long takeoff line: "I'm f***ing bored!"
Ground Controller: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!"
Unknown aircraft: "I said I was f***ing bored, not f***ing stupid!"

ronnie3585
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ronnie3585 »

I got my hands on a copy of the new 1:250,000 over the weekend and I'm truely disgusted with it. What an appaling map!!

Most would agree that the biggest problem with the old 1:500,000 was the lack of detail. The new map on the other hand has an excessive amount of detail,even down to the small back roads. The colour and they way the map is physically drawn is not good. While the old one actually looks like a proper map this looks like it was done over the weekend on Microsoft Paint!

Another huge problem is the fact that there are two physical maps in the pack and these have been divided into different quadrants. The problem with this is for example if you want to fly from Galway to Dublin it would be far from easy to manage the map in the cockpit i.e the different folds required.

Does anyone know if the issuing of these new charts invalidates the old 1:500,000 charts. I know that I would far prefer to stick to the old one.

Will the IAA be publishing a new 1:500,000 chart?
Ow! My boating arm...

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

There was a large ammount of feedback submitted to the IAA prior to publishing, and it was said the email address would remain open for further feedback.

The thread at the top of the forum has more information about that.
http://www.flyinginireland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=2676

Where abouts did you buy them from? I was on the website the IAA says they are on sale but couldnt see them anywhere

If you have a look at the IAA Press Release on their homepage they say that the OSI Sell the maps. If you ring +353-1-802-5379 (OSI Map Sales) they will post them out to you, or you can collect them I'm sure.

Nidata
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nidata »

I was shocked at the Price of the New maps out yesterday, for the 1:250,000 scale it cost me 36.30EUR, couldnt beleive it, That would get some people 2 hours flying

Jays Lambada ! Feckdemaps where can I get the flying at that price :o

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright »

Mark,

Can this thread be locked so we can keep all comments together ?
Wright Brothers.Aviation Pioneers: Orville (1871-1948) born in Dayton ,OH and Wilbur(1867-1912)born near Millville,IN. They were the First to Fly in a powered heavier-than-air-machine ,17th Dec 1903 at Kitty Hawk ,NC.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »