This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

EI-BSB Jodel 112 for sale

Post by stovepipe »

Hi all
this aircraft is offered for sale at Kilrush.It is curently under offer from an interested UK party.From experience, it is a fine short-fielder, a good tourer, a delight to fly and economical to maintain and fuel (14 lt/hr).It can be had for what is very reasonable money by today's standards.So, if anyone wants a very good, capable aircraft, contact Peter at pdg@cic4.com to keep it Irish.
regards
Stovepipe

OnTheNumbers
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OnTheNumbers »

Anyone looking for cheap flying should really be looking at this!! They're a great little ship by all accounts and perfectly manageable for even new PPLs.

David
OnTheNumbers
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.clearofcloud.ie
@clearofcloud on Twitter, Instagram

Bluebeard
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bluebeard »

I cant understand it, since the Jodel was put up for sale last April ALL enquiries about it have been from the UK. Not one single interested party in Ireland was interested in her.

We all often hear complaints about the cost of flying in Ireland, people pay horrifying hourly rates to rent spamcans .... yet when a capable little two-seater goes on the market at a very low price - and with very low running costs - it seems her Gallic charms are unappreciated and she'll be bidding adieu to Ireland :cry: . Maybe pilots prefer expensive plastic or nylon aeroplanes nowadays.

If by any chance anyone is interested, I can send an article from "Pilot" describing in detail the qualities of the two-seat Jodels.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Hi guys,

For anyone interested in this Jodel, there was an article published in the January 2006 issue of FlyingInIreland Magazine. A PDF of the article can be downloaded from http://www.flyinginirelandmagazine.com/ ... _Jodel.pdf (1.14MB)
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

OnTheNumbers
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OnTheNumbers »

Good to read that again Mark ... and nicely written Mick.

'Tis a great little airplane. Fun to fly and cheap enough to buy and run for a single owner, or indeed two people. I know bigger and faster can be more attractive but the lower the cost to operate the more likely you are to use it..... and currency is what counts !!

Oh, and why haven't I bought it - because I'm already involved in a similar vintage, similarly powered machine! Otherwise, I would.

David
OnTheNumbers
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.clearofcloud.ie
@clearofcloud on Twitter, Instagram