Kerry Airport

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

highonsnow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Kerry Airport

Post by highonsnow »

Anybody have any information on what's going on at Kerry Airport these days? Is the Club still in operation or are they closed down?

I'm interested to hear of anybody using EIKY for private Heli flights, either landing or hanger, etc.

I'm located in Derrynane/Caherdaniel, SW Kerry, quite a number of flights from EICK, I presume ferrying golfers to Waterville Golf Course, but rarely ever from the NW direction, those flights are always crossing easterly across Kenmare Estuary to EICK.

Just interested to hear if anybody regularly or even on the very rare occasion uses Kerry Airport for Heli Ops?

I've a friend who has advised me to contact a few people in Weston (license first!), would be great to get a rotor down to Derrynane, always wanted to plan a flight around my area.

Flying Paddy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Kerry Airport

Post by Flying Paddy »

I have our plane in the Hangar in Kerry, no problem what so ever. You need to give them a ring +353669764644 and ask for Basil Sheeran. In relation to the AeroClub I am not sure whats happening there in these days, but you don't need them if you want to have access to the airport and/or hangar.