I'd sure as hell love it as a passenger :D
Regards,
M747
:D

ei6265
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ei6265 »

On a serious note, is there anything we can do to try get the airshow back up and running?

ie. petition / campaigning to the Galway Council for more funding / other companies etc?

Would be a shame just to accept it wont be back next year.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

Could we not get some sponsorship for this ? ?80k is NOT a considerable amount of money, and given all the people that attend, if we all gave 2 euro we'd have 2 airshows paid for - OK this isn't going to work in reality, but surely we can raise the 80k ? Just look at all the lost revenue all the local businesses will lose out on - millions of euro - jobs will be lost - people will starve - bertie ahern wont be able to give himself another rise. Well maybe not, but c'mon we have to bring this event back.

Or is it more to do with the damned tree hugging hippies who all -drive- to salthill and fly ( on aeroplanes ) to their holidays all complaining and whinging on about it. OK, global warming, yada yada, we are a dot in the world, we aren't going to make an impact on anything that happens regards Global Warming or whatever it is they dont like.

C'mon lads and lasses, lets get this ball rolling again.

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

Very true Flyer1. ?80k in today's money is nothing!

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

Well,

There's 1200 members on this site, so if we all donated ?10- Its ?12k..
And i'd say 50% of the members registered on here probably have not used there account in a while. So thats only ?6k....

We really are helpless unless one of us is a millionare :D :D

The question is, Are the organisers still looking for a sponser, or is it just cancelled. (Note the full stop!)
Regards,
M747
:D

Tonybwf
Unverified User
Unverified User

Salthill Airshow

Post by Tonybwf »

Hi all,

i only learned of the airshow cancelled in the past few days im absouluty disgusted over it this country is a joke but what really annoyed me was today i found out it was due to tree-huggers this sends out the wrong message to them ANTI_EVERYTHING ppl, i think we should do something as was said theres 12000 members on this shurly we could do something??? online patition r something to rally all involved, i would like to thank the organisers of it for the great shows over the years..Portrush holds a great show to every year if where stuck!!! As for them other people BACK UP THE TREES WITH YEE!!!!!! :evil:

ei6265
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ei6265 »

I would be more than happy to set up a website with an online petition / donations or whatever to get the airshow back and running. It really would be a shame to see it go under!

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

Go for it guys, spread the word ! Why let a few of these stupid eijits who have nothing better to do on a sunday stop a whole weekends fun for hundreds of thousands of people.

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Salthill Airshow

Post by Nanolight »

Saturn5 wrote: i found out it was due to tree-huggers this sends out the wrong message to them ANTI_EVERYTHING ppl

It was?

I thought it was to do with rising costs / funding.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Tonybwf
Unverified User
Unverified User

Salthill..

Post by Tonybwf »

Hi all,

k people lets not be irish about this and lie down an let this go, an online patition would be a start wouldnt it?? Now i dont know how to set something like that up maybe threw our forum r website does any1 know how to go about this properly....god like this country is unreal murphys law applies to everything!!

Warthog
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Warthog »

Hi all it was down to lack of funding and the Anti war crowd played a part in stopping it also. If your going to do something then perhaps you go through the official lines first by contacting my father Brian McGrath etc etc. Also it is too late for anything for 2008 but 2009....? I dont want it to go

Tonybwf
Unverified User
Unverified User

RE...

Post by Tonybwf »

Hi,

ye im all up for ideas and i suppose your right the official line is best cant believe funding was an issue i would of thought funding would be a plenty because it was such a big crowd puller for the region, i am just a student but id help anyway i could......

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

Just to add my support in getting Salthill back up and running - at least for 2009. As are my family - they all loved the weekend as much as me.

Tonybwf
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re..

Post by Tonybwf »

Hi,

ye definately more support the better....its ideas we need now i think funding is the big issue ?80,000 was mentioned as the cost per annum thats nothing in todays money an if we look to 2009 with proper organisation in fund raising i think its very possible

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

I think the three organizers should be contacted first to see whether our stubborness is appreciated!