Thank you
  • damienair
    Verified User
    Verified User

Thank you

by damienair » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:34 am

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all the pilots, club members, and owners of the following airfields which I visited over the weekend for your warm welcomes and hospitality, tea?s and apple tarts . It was a wonderful weekend. The weather forecasters got it all wrong , and for once that was a good thing. On Saturday I visited Birr, Toomyvara, Coonagh and Clonbullogue and back to home strip, Granard again.

On Sunday I flew in for the Fryin in Birr. It was a great turnout and a great day. I flew locally around Tullamore with my Dad, and called into Liam Dalys strip, 2 miles from my parents house, went home for dinner, and flew back to Birr again. On the way back to Granard I called into John Dorans strip for a few minutes.

It was a great weekends flying and I would like to thank all that I met for the fun and warmest of welcomes,

Many thanks,
    Damien Minnock.
    Pegasus XL 462
    PILOTS are just PLANE people with a special AIR about them
  • EI KEV
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by EI KEV » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:20 pm

Lovely to have had such a great turn-out, and I was very clever to make two trips in for breakfast Damian :roll:

We served nearly 100 breakfasts for 36 aircraft (go figure) - and had everything from 4 seaters to a foot launched hang gliders.

BTW - your engine DID sound rough :D

KEV
  • EI KEV
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by EI KEV » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:21 pm

correction (IT was ...)
  • damienair
    Verified User
    Verified User

by damienair » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:12 pm

I know Kevin, God bless your ears, thanks also to the Birr Boys for tightening the lock nuts on the exhaust manifold, it's now incorporated into my pre-flight checks, at least every 25 hours from now on. When the engine skipped a beat at 600 ft on climb out, my heart skipped 20 beats and I also squeezed out a few maltezers. :shock:
    It was great seeing you again, must try a quick flight in the Eurostar with you the next time.

Damien.
    Pegasus XL 462
    PILOTS are just PLANE people with a special AIR about them
  • jonkil
    Verified User
    Verified User

by jonkil » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Would you 2 quit chattering about all the flying the weekend past.. :evil:
    It's all right for you boys.... I had to go and smoke the peace pipe :x
    Well done to all you lads in Birr... sterling event as usual... will join you next time.... my turn this weekend Damien :lol:
    hum
    Verified User
    Verified User

I used to like maltesers!

by hum » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:22 am

I'd like to add my thanks to the above, a really great day out for GA in Ireland, and as Kev mentioned, what a wonderful selection of aircraft and enthusiasts made it. It was the best fly-in of the year I reckon, as usual well organised, well run on the day and superbly catered.

I hope all the visitors who had breakfast bought a couple of tickets to enter the draw to raise funds for the new hangar.... its still not too late

http://www.ormandflyingclub.com/html/win_a_quad.html

Best of luck with the construction - looks good so far!
    hum
    Verified User
    Verified User

GA is alive and well

by hum » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:53 am

Malcolm Nason has posted pictures of most of the aircraft that made it to Birr for breakfast here:

http://www.shannonairportenthusiasts.ne ... m=5&page=1

and here

http://www.shannonairportenthusiasts.ne ... p?album=12

Thanks Malcolm...