Unverified User

OBA

Post by CaptCream »

Anyone going to OBA Florida at Easter?

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy »

You goin to do the ppl? Im planning on goin in July!!
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

CaptCream
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by CaptCream »

No, going to do 100 hrs hour building for the atpl. have a new liberty booked out for 17 days. Was there last year, great place had a super time.

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot »

6 hours a day for over two weeks!

Want to be careful you're not fed up of flying by the time you finish :wink:

Enjoy the trip....make the most of it and get to see a few interesting places along the way :)

CaptCream
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by CaptCream »

Will do, had great fun last year, spent a lot of time annoying John Travolta. Have a lot of video footage of his B707 and house. Im sure he'll be glad if he knew I was on my way back!!! :D

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax »

I have lost count of the amount of times I have flown over that guys House! LOL LOL

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ »

Oh the old Ormond to Ocala trip. Fly to overhead Palakta, skirt around the military operating area and a few miles before Ocala and JT's house and runway appear!! The 707 was gone the last time I flew over! Enjoy the trip..wish I was going! Unfortunately its module two of the ATPL's for me. Passed the first eight before Christmas. Six to go!

CaptCream
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by CaptCream »

Well done on getting module 1. I have a pain in my head with the study. Ah well ser it will all be worth it in the end. Florida is going to be a break away from the books. Just fly all day and then Daytona at night. There is 4 of us going out to hour build so the craic should be good. Best of luck with module 2.

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ »

Thanks! I envy you. Ormond/Flagler(Hijackers restaurant)/St Augustine by day and Mai Tai's and Razzles at night! I wouldn't advise a trip to the Pink Pony! If I was you I'd get some night flying in the log book too. Good for the CV and the best views of the DB.Have over fifty hours of night flying in the log book now. Enjoy!

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax »

I spent a month in Daytona last year hour building. You will love it. When are you going?

Not being funny now but end of March and beginning of April is Black College Reunion so you kinda want to stay away from Daytona Beach area as sometimes there is trouble.

Razzles is a very popular night club.

Lollipops is a very good strip club (not that I would know of course)

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ »

During BCR last year I couldnt find a taxi driver who would go into Daytona!
I had the pleasure of being there for Bike week and Spring Break! Ah the memories! Yes Lollipops...I think I've heard of that place 8)

CaptCream
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by CaptCream »

I am off Thurs 5 weeks and can't wait. Ya know about lollipops, not that I was in it or anything but we lost part of our crew there last year. They ended up in there and managed to get one of their wallets stolen. Had a great time in OBA last year hence the return this year. We are hoping to visit kennedy space centre as well. As for the night flying ya thats in the plan, was fantastic last year so hopefully going to do 15/20 hrs this year at night. Going to have a look at Disney at night to see what their fireworks look like from the sky!!!

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax »

N714GZ wrote:During BCR last year I couldnt find a taxi driver who would go into Daytona!

I drove my rental car and cruised up and down the beach. I have never seen anything like it. Some crazy cars with hyraulics, big BIG trucks.
I kept a low profile(windows up, stereo off, baseball cap)
If you have the nerve then do go and see what goes on.

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ »

If I remember rightly Disney is restricted airspace..

CaptCream
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by CaptCream »

ya your right, but I think we'll get close enough to have a look!!!