Its got very boring here....

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:46 pm

Whatever happened to Alphalaura? Not too many women around here, one would miss the balance a lady of AL calibre would bring to the debate. Someone said something nasty on the EG/Malta thread. Did she take offence?
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:59 am

jaysus this is great,havnt been around in ages,so this is my first post in ages.I dont own a laptop nor do i intend to, so i dont have access to the net in shannon because the only internet cafe closed down and the library is not my cup of tea.what a dump.
115 VAC @400Hz

VNAV PTH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by VNAV PTH » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:00 pm

Dutch Roll wrote:what a dump.

Apparently areas out side Dublin are getting the wheel next week..... :twisted:
Screw you guys.....I`m going home.......

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:32 pm

Dont Forget the I.O.L
Instant On Lights, O pure luxury.
And if the balance of a lady is required for these forums I believe bearcat would be more then willing to help. :twisted:
As for a punch up at the Fly-In, I gather none of you tools would ever find the field allocated, Google map it and you would see dozens of smoking recks littered within a 50mile radius of the field after fuel exhaustion in the attempt to find that elusive runway. 8) It would only serve to completely destroy Irelands supply of GA aircraft and in the same stroke the Aer Corps supply of aircraft as we all know its the same thing.
Awwe bless this land that time forgot.

:roll:

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:23 pm

VNAV PTH wrote:
Dutch Roll wrote:what a dump.

Apparently areas out side Dublin are getting the wheel next week..... :twisted:

that would be the four wheels all you Dubs are using to move out to the countryside :lol: :lol:

will the last person emigrating from dublin please turn off the lights. :lol:

p.s. we'll have four cement blocks waiting for you :lol:
Wright Brothers.Aviation Pioneers: Orville (1871-1948) born in Dayton ,OH and Wilbur(1867-1912)born near Millville,IN. They were the First to Fly in a powered heavier-than-air-machine ,17th Dec 1903 at Kitty Hawk ,NC.

Maverick
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Maverick » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:52 pm

ha ha ha ha.....wel dats my 2c for wats its worth

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:18 pm

How about revisiting the age old rift between fixed wing pilots and rotorheads.

I for one, as a fixed wing pilot think the world would be a better place without heli. pilots and the only noise louder than a helicopter is a heli. pilots voice. My God their mouths are HUGE and all that ever comes out of them is a load of s***e!

P.S. This has to be the best post in a long time!

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:09 pm

writing posts with a feed of booze is out of bounds so hence I've deleted my previous comments....whoops!!
Last edited by Bearcat on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

aviateire
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by aviateire » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:56 pm

Ive a FW rating but taken a few lessons with different heli instructors and they all hammer :shock: awareness into their students when operating near other aircraft and, in general, a good operating practice... after all- they are high performance machines which cost a shed load of money. :idea: I'm sure, of course, there are some pilots in all aircraft categories who are less respectful to others, but I'd say this generic concept of helis comes from ill-judged or exaggerated attribution from people who would buckleap into the seat of a heli if given the opportunity no doubt. :roll: Maybe you don't realise it, but many rotorhead roles are involved in search and rescue to preserve life of the unfortunate, maybe even risking there own in doing so under certain conditions ... HEMS, fire fighting, mountain rescue and coast guard services amongst others but to name a few...what hope would they have without, they'd probably be goosed! So say your sea going vessel was hit and sank James- it would probably be a rotorhead to your rescue :P

Anyway- if you stand near in or around the rotor downwash when lifting, then expect to be blown about- its a bad idea...in comparison, that would be like standing behind a departing airplane bewilderd as to what just happened....numb nuts :lol: :wink:

tu154
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by tu154 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:56 pm

All I can say is that lovely runway at Weston is a waste of a very wide Helipad.
:lol:

mr crow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mr crow » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:40 am

Last edited by mr crow on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:21 pm

8) Becheeses shure isint it a great ting to be lettin on you are a sycamore seed when ye flame out :twisted: I prefer to go on a kite especially when the hanging bolt is brand new :P