Its got very boring here....

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Its got very boring here....

Post by Bearcat » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:47 pm

I have to say this forum area has gone flat in recent times......boring does not come into it. I have posted this to be slated and told p@ss off else where...fine....but the firey posts have vanished just like GA at Weston.

All Weston is good for these days is a bottle of cheap plonk in the greasey spoon ......

Right...lets have a few snotty replies and get this forum angry again!!

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JFH » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:59 pm

q
Last edited by JFH on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:10 am

Oi Bearcat Piss off elsewhere!Aer Lingus Pilots are a bunch of overpaid Prima Donnas who get paid half a million squid a year and fly 150 hours a year. Piper Cubs are the worst planes ever, they are for total sissys and are not a real mans aircraft, they are only for people who trained at Flight safety and therefore cannot fly to save their lives. (Wish granted?) :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted:
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:29 am

:shock: Ladies please....your slips are showing :P :P

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:58 am

ahh great.... a bit of abuse. Just thought the forum got a bit sleepy but good to hear the hecklers are there.

regards to all and that 500k p/a is not going to last as the big bad wolf Leo is knockin on the door.

hot rumour....2009 777s. Will AL be underlined with the name "a Ryanair company by then? " if the share price remains less than 2.80 by next year the board are obliged to recommend sale of shares to Leo.

oh yeah...get your cv's into AL if interested. There are only so many 320 rated folk going around and they will be recruiting non rated atpls new year. :D

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:10 am

Nahh, i'd agree with Bearcat. There's more excitement from a tin of beans. The " regular " posters on here no longer seem to post as frequently. Shame really.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:04 pm

Flyer1 wrote:The " regular " posters on here no longer seem to post as frequently. Shame really.

It is a shame, but I think a lot of people were put off by the spam. I fixed the problem over the weekend so we should get no more spam in the future. Now, when a user registers, their account is inactive so the can't post until they're approved by me. I know it's awkward for new users but it has to be done for the good of all the current users on the board.

Thanks to Ceatach for all his help fixing the problem.
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:20 pm

The 777 rumour was a big insiders joke. It was started by the Engineers (bored at the end of a shift) in STN and spread like wild fire, did several laps of the company within a day and became "fact". Just like the info on PPJN about AL, it currently states that CVs are being accepted for Bus rated pilots. We all know that 83.2% of facts on the internet are made up though.
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:32 pm

well cosmic....how do you explain how a load of ex eirjet people are in training sitting RHS A320? I expect advertising soon....I know its dragging on.

Heard that a while ago about the engineers stirring it re the 777. Other source in the inner sanctum last week says Boeing has come into town with a very serious long haul offer. I find it interesting Boeings head pops up and Leo stickin his head in the door. IMHO think that airbus cant deliver in the time frame req. and reckon Boeing have offered to relieve AL of their 330s new and old and give em 777s in no time. Those 330s are getting on.

Havent been flying the cub recently....just cant out to kilrush and those 150 hrs p/a we work are actually 900, just like the blue team.

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:01 pm

I didn't know they had taken on the Eirjet guys and girls. It's good to hear that they weren't out of work too long.

It's really hard to know what the truth is about the longhaul business. There are so many rumours and counter rumours going around that its hard to know whats what. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

I really really miss flying light aircraft too. We aren't allowed anymore. The CP has banned it, apparently the IAA insisted on it.... How are things in Kilrush, there was quite an exodus as I recall leaving Weston?

Re: The 900 hrs, I know you do! I was just responding to your invite for gratuitous verbal abuse. You should come to Ryanair, we only do 18 hrs per week and get paid 130,000. Leo keeps saying it everytime he can.....

(P.S we are going to get banned for turning this into PPRuNe!)

— Cecil Day Lewis

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:35 pm

There are has been quite a bit of tumble weed blowing around here lately. The spam had something to do with it I'd say.

I do like the Green Vs Blue debates though LOL LOL

MCRO
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by MCRO » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:37 pm

Cosmic wrote: Piper Cubs are the worst planes ever, they are for total sissys and are not a real mans aircraft, they are only for people who trained at Flight safety and therefore cannot fly to save their lives.

If this were a genuine post it would be among the moxt ill-informed that ever appeared

The Piper Cub knows itself to be among the mightiest of trainers and will gladly show it can put manners on any pilots foolish enough to think themseves in the same league of might

Many younger aircraft have been designed with the cissy drive-on, drive-off types in mind - but not the J-3

The Piper J-3 Cub became the primary trainer aircraft of the CPT?75 percent of all new pilots in the CPT were trained in Cubs. By World War II end, 80 percent of all United States military pilots received their initial flight training in Piper Cubs.

Thank God we can still enjoy

Maurice

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:32 pm

It wasn't a real post though MCRO, you picked up on that right? I actually had wet dreams about the Cubs at Jack brownes in Lakeland FL, I even had the money put aside to do the rating at the end of my training. Alas, I had a few budget overruns and that put the end to the float rating for me :roll:

The Cub is still on list of aviation wants along with my Heli rating amongst others. Now look at all the trouble you have gotten me into Bearcat!

— Cecil Day Lewis

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:59 am

JFH wrote:This topic should be closed.
Have a Bit of cop on who ever you are.

:roll:

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:22 pm

I aint put off by the spam, i just ignore it.

What does put me off is the stupid childish threads and poles on whats your favourite aircraft noise or most preferred seat pitch on a 757,,,Geez its raining anoraks here, and then you get the likes of bearcat who no doubt is a very convincing cross dresser who flaunts his charms down the airfield but none the less a useless tool of an aerosexual.
:twisted:

And dont get me started about those wannabe pilots flying boeings :o
Cue Cosmic :wink:

The board is quiet, but it serves its purpose fine, the numbers in Ireland just arent there but its a community none the less, and a community I am happy to giggle at / with.

Come on bearFAT, lets hear it