1/500000 map

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Vmax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Vmax »

I have been told these (1:250000, 1:500000)VFR charts will be availible from 1st April 2007.

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Update from NASRAv on VFR charts

Post by ceatach »

HarryMc
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by HarryMc »

I suggest the IAA contact Airtricity who are the main operators of these, in that it is from windfarms they contribute to the National Grid. If the IAA are only compiling a list of these now it could take a significant amount of time to identify and mark all of these. I suggest they concentrate on farms within say 20 miles of an airport or airfield and those near major National Primary and Motorway routes. A good example are those a couple of miles S/SW of Birr.

See the attached link which shows a map. Interestingly it does not show the ones at Birr or near Toomevarra in Tipperary. There may be other developers building them apart from Airtricity. Anyone know?

http://www.airtricity.com/ireland/wind_ ... /index.xml

Regards

Harry

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright »

It is intended that the IAA will display the final drafts of these charts at state and regional airports, and in the licensing office in Aviation House just prior to publishing. This will allow for comments and observations before printing!

The current timeframe for this is to display the drafts within the next month. They will be on display for a couple of weeks and assuming no major problems are discovered they will be published in a 2-3 month timeframe (from 23/04/07).

now where is my magnifying glass and fine tooth comb :lol: :lol: :lol:

we've waited long enough i think :roll:
Wright Brothers.Aviation Pioneers: Orville (1871-1948) born in Dayton ,OH and Wilbur(1867-1912)born near Millville,IN. They were the First to Fly in a powered heavier-than-air-machine ,17th Dec 1903 at Kitty Hawk ,NC.

YoYo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by YoYo »

I think the reason for the IAA being so cautious is because of the fiasco when they issued the last chart - the one prior to the current one. Anyone remember that!

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright »

you mean the top secret chart where you had to figure out yourself what town or village you were flying over. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wright Brothers.Aviation Pioneers: Orville (1871-1948) born in Dayton ,OH and Wilbur(1867-1912)born near Millville,IN. They were the First to Fly in a powered heavier-than-air-machine ,17th Dec 1903 at Kitty Hawk ,NC.

OnTheNumbers
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OnTheNumbers »

Looking forward to 1/4 mill charts.
OnTheNumbers
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.clearofcloud.ie
@clearofcloud on Twitter, Instagram

Mike C
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Mike C »

Ah dont tell me they are finally bringing a new chart out!

I just forked out good money on a set of Jeppy EI-1 and EI-2. :x

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright »

OnTheNumbers wrote:Looking forward to 1/4 mill charts.

I wonder will there be two 1/4 mill charts, i.e. one for the southern part of the country and one for the northern part.

Or will it just cover the greater Dublin area :?:

OnTheNumbers
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OnTheNumbers »

Probably the 2 1/4mills. There used to be 1/4 mills before.... in fact as a kid I think I was given 2 of them which I may still. Must dig them out and see how things have changed.

Mike C, you're probably better off having gotten the Jeppy.... it sounds like the IAA charts won't be out for another few months anyway. Perhaps longer if someone finds mistakes during the consultation/preview process.

David
OnTheNumbers

Fanstop
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Fanstop »

will we open a book on how many mistakes they make and how many months to get your copy?

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright »

what are the odds on getting it by christmas :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

OW wright wrote:what are the odds on getting it by christmas :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

April... 2008? If we are lucky!
(Dont quote me on that, just going on previous promises as they seem to love promising April!)

OnTheNumbers
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OnTheNumbers »

Just picked this up on the PFA bulletin board.... imagine this

RSS feeds are now available for VFR Chart Amendments. This allows for you to be automatically notified whenever amendments are isssued. You can subscribe for individual charts, you don't have to take the whole lot, and it's FREE! :lol:

More details at http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?a ... #whatisrss

Obviously this only applies to the UK. We can but dream
OnTheNumbers

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

Why don't they just bring the damn chart out, and amend it every couple of months? They could treat it as a 'work in progress' rather than a definitive chart which should be eternally correct and without fault. Like the AIP!