No
95%

Total votes: 22

Cros
Unverified User
Unverified User

Objection to EIDW 28R

Post by Cros » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:26 am

Personally this pisses me off. The residents of Portmarnock and their campaign to keep Dublin Airport in the stone age. And there solution is typical of a posh stuck up arsehole "put it somewhere else". They want to make another airport in Dublin, yes a good idea but thats not going to solve anything, that will just be as packed.

Secondly the have the most ridiculus dBA chart ever...I live exaclty where that pink line goes and I have never ever been awoken by an approaching aircraft. The sleep disturbance line is actually over Donabate???? Ha anyone that knows their aviation would know that is a load of bull.

And how can they already assume that 28R will be used for approaches?

I hope that they all fail in there campaign....I really do. I want to see Dublin Airport become one of the biggest airports in Europe.

I'm going to send them an email to let them know what I think.

http://www.norunway.com/

dara
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by dara » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:11 am

would someone who lives beside a road be able to stop more cars being bought due to extra traffic?? would anyone even bother?? you just get used to the noise to such an extent you dont even hear the planes anymore, i know since i grew up in malahide when all the old noisey jets were coming like the old 747s and bac1-11s.
some folk just have too much time on their hands
If you are asking me if this old plane is safe to fly, how do you think it got to be this old?

bean_ian
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bean_ian » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:05 am

i would be interested in reading their reply if you can post it here!

TolTol
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TolTol » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:26 am

What a bunch of whiners, can you imagine how long it took them to create that website! Get a life guys, lifes too short.

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:37 pm

They haven't a chance of stopping the runway anyway. Strategic interests and all that. There are more votes in building the runway than not.

But let them have their fun.

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Objection to EIDW 28R

Post by Nanolight » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:17 pm

And there solution is typical of a posh stuck up arsehole "put it somewhere else".

Their (not there by the way) solution makes sense, regardless of the motives behind promoting it. I wonder how long Dublin Airport will keep being expanded before the Air Corps get booted out of Baldonnel or we build another airport. The infrastructure is woefully inadequate as-is, I would hate to see it if passender numbers went up significantly. At the moment you have to park in Co. Kildare and spend half the day on a shuttle bus.

I lived in portmarnock for 6 months with relations, and while I would accuse them of being a lot of things, posh, stuck up arseholes is certainly not one of them.

Their website is not particularly impressive either. Looks like a 'Website in a box' job, just use the software and fill in the blanks. You can spot them a mile off.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

TolTol
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TolTol » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:26 pm

Nanolight wrote:

Their website is not particularly impressive either. Looks like a 'Website in a box' job, just use the software and fill in the blanks. You can spot them a mile off.

I was referring to the amount of garbage in it.

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:30 pm

And there solution is typical ................ "put it somewhere else".

[quote;Nanolight]Their (not there by the way) solution makes sense, regardless of the motives behind promoting it.

where exactly would you put it ? where are you going to find a site large enough ? if they could find a site then your going to run into the same problems and nimby's

[quote] I wonder how long Dublin Airport will keep being expanded before the Air Corps get booted out of Baldonnel or we build another airport.[quote]

neither of which is going to happen ,where are getting the idea that the Air Corps are going to be "booted out of Baldonnel" and where would you find a site to build two 3000 metre parallel runways an airport terminal and car parking and road infrastructure!!

[quote]At the moment you have to park in Co. Kildare and spend half the day on a shuttle bus.[quote]

a slight exaggeration don't you think!

and where is this idea that the DAA are building a "New" runway coming from ,as if there wasn't a runway there already and in use. the "new" runway is an extension and realignment of the existing 29/11 runway, which is in daily use by Aer Arran and private jets.

from the norunway website

[quote]Air Pollution: Aircraft emit fumes and sometimes release fuel into the atmosphere on their approach for landing. Residents will have already on occasions experienced this pollution in the atmosphere when on the beach and Baldoyle Coast Road.[quote]

is there any evidence that aircraft have dumped fuel whilst on the approach to land overhead portmarnock ? or is this just scaremongering.

Cros
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cros » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:25 pm

[quote="Nanolight"][quote]
I lived in portmarnock for 6 months with relations, and while I would accuse them of being a lot of things, posh, stuck up arseholes is certainly not one of them.
quote]

Yeah sorry they're just plain ole arseholes!

They still havnt replied to me.

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nanolight » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:45 pm

What did you send them? If it is the same dross that you are posting here, I can understand why.

where exactly would you put it ? where are you going to find a site large enough ? if they could find a site then your going to run into the same problems and nimby's

Well what is wrong with the UPROAR suggestion?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

bean_ian
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bean_ian » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:04 pm

[quote]At the moment you have to park in Co. Kildare and spend half the day on a shuttle bus[./quote]
I assume that was a joke, do you even live in Dublin?

Cros
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cros » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:13 pm

Nanolight wrote:What did you send them? If it is the same dross that you are posting here, I can understand why.

Nah it was better than this "dross".

Right whatever my friend, building a new airport will not happen in the next ten years. We need that second runway now.

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:18 pm

from the norunway website:

[quote]Noise Levels: The existing flight path brings most aircraft over the Baldoyle Estuary and yet the noise levels of aircraft are often intolerable to residents.[qoute]

the existing flight path is actually over the south end of Portmarnock and not Baldoyle, aircraft on approach to Runway 28 cross over the outer marker OE at 1530 feet at 4 DME which is located on the R106 just south of the junction of the strand rd, station rd and the R106.

[quote] The new flight path will bring aircraft directly over your home. Will you be able to have windows open? Will you be able to relax in your garden? Consider nighttime disturbance from aircraft. Remember that Aer Rianta plan to more than double the capacity of the airport by this action, think of aircraft flying over your home say once every 60 seconds for much of the day.[quote]

[quote]1.1 Introduction
We have been instructed by our clients, Portmarnock Community Association, c/o Mr. B**** B****, Chair, *** Heather Walk, Portmarnock, Co. Dublin, to object in the strongest way possible to the proposed new runway at Dublin Airport.[quote]

Heather Walk is at the north end of Portmarnock and the distance from the existing flight path is about 2 Km it seems that the people who live at the south end of Portmarnock have to put up with the noise but now that a final approach track will be crossing over this area its time to raise hell.

i'm sure the DAA will alternate landings and take off's between the two runways ,as they do in Heathrow, so as not to have the aircraft passing over the one spot all the time, mind you given the short distance between the two its hardly going to make much difference.