2007 Fly-in Dates

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

jonkil
Verified User
Verified User

2007 Fly-in Dates

Post by jonkil » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:12 pm

If anyone can assist me in obtaining the dates for the 2007 fly-in's, would they please send me details on the e-mail link on the website.
I have put this simple site together in order that we will have a central site where we can see where/when the fly-in's are happening.
To view the site please go to http://www.IrishFlyin.Com
Many thanks in advance.

Jon Kilpatrick
G-CCCT

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:11 pm

An excellent idea!

Bookmarked already, and hopefully you'll be able to keep it updated.

P

DonalMW
Verified User
Verified User

Post by DonalMW » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:37 pm

Isn't there a fly-in at Fermoy this weekend?? P78 VFR Flight Guide Ireland. There was supposed to have been a good fly-in there last year.

MCRO
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by MCRO » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Certainly

BUT

Would it not be better to centralise all this where most of it already is - with the National Aero Club at www.aeroclub.ie

They are capable of tracking ALL and with a little stimulation from us sgould offer a complete service

From the point of view of event organisers it is, of course, infinitely preferable to have a single "advise" point

Maurice

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:47 am

No disrespect Maurice, but that event list was last updated on the "Updated: 26th April 2006".

A huge number of the summer events will have their dates decided after that. We need something that will be updated a little more regularly, and not just at the begining of the season.

P

YoYo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by YoYo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:48 pm

The events list on the Aeroclub web site is the result of those holding events informing the Event Co-ordinator of the National Aero Club.

As newly appointed Administrator for the National Aero Club it will be my responsibility to co-ordinate the events for 2007. Later in the year it is my intention to contact all of those who held events this year and try and agree on a date for next year. That way we should be able to have a 'conclusive' list very early in the year.

Those who wish to organise events for the first time can only be picked up via 'word of mouth' if they don't know to contact the National Aero Club for inclusion in the list.

So to summarise - next year should be better

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:05 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to plug www.nasrav.org
The nasrav calendar can be edited by those who sign up on the website. Giving everyone access to update the events is the best way to do it in my opinion.

jonkil
Verified User
Verified User

Post by jonkil » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:31 pm

The idea of the http://www.IrishFlyIn.Com website is just to be a central site for fly-in info.... nothing more....nothing less.
Just a site to go to to find out where/when it is happening. I know from experience that I find out accidentally that a fly-in is happening... I mean the sort of small club events that guys like us love flying to.. have a chat and something to eat and off home again.
I will be actively pursuing dates for 2007 & will update as often as possible... The website is simple, simple to update,simple to maintain and costs buttons to run. I hope that all pilots/spotters can make use of it.

Regards,
Jon Kilpatrick
G-CCCT

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:27 am

So what if there are three or four different events calenders
available. All the better in fact, because each one can update
from the other and quickly pass on updates as to where, when
and most importantly if for any reason an event has been
cancelled or changed to a different date/venue.
So jonkil, YoYo and any one else running these calenders,
please keep up the good work.

Hugo.