Latest Nasty Weston Rumour

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:57 pm

thanks OW for the reply....take it all back. have been trying like like crazy to get the info. thanks also on the no's for the heads up.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:31 pm

hi guys,

If anyone would like to email me the current Dublin VFR chart I'll make it available to everyone through this forum.

Regards,
Mark

ei6265
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ei6265 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:22 pm

For anyone having problems getting it from the EAD site, I've uploaded it to my webspace. Its 3.8mb:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~sreilly2/do ... -08-03.pdf

Cheers,

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:27 am

Flown in and out a few times now. It's a non event. KOC is manning the barricades on a regular basis now and seemingly enjoying himself.
I notice they've done a lovely new paint job on the runway, Friday. Getting ready for the Ryder cup.
Incidentally the NFC will shut down for the duration of the Ryder cup. Probably other operators too.

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:11 pm

Daryl....you are a star. Thanks a mill. The EADS website is a nightmare.

Purcell-NASRAv
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Purcell-NASRAv » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:44 pm

Last edited by Purcell-NASRAv on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Purcell
NASRAv board member

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:33 am

I put that tutorial up in the faq's a week ago.
http://nasrav.org/wiki/tiki-view_faq.php?faqId=6

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:03 pm

You can now download a PDF from the IAA website. Also available is an aerodrome chart and an Instrument approach chart for the new VOR - A approach.

Look under charts http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/pub_late.asp

Sticksforward
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sticksforward » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:05 am

Anyone know what westons charges are for Heli parking for the ryder cup??

SF

hibby
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hibby » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:04 am

buzz wrote:Flown in and out a few times now. It's a non event. KOC is manning the barricades on a regular basis now and seemingly enjoying himself.

It's not a non-event. The airport is now closed from 6 pm almost every day (the days when Kieran is in the tower are the exception, not the rule). That means no lessons in the evening for any FTO, which is a significant blow to those of us whose training is confined to weekends and evenings. I imagine it's a serious loss of revenue to the FTOs also, who had previously operated to the end of VFR.

Chaos
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Chaos » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:03 pm

No FTO with assets on the ground costing cash should find a temp. downturn in turnover during the Ryder Cup. They (a) either seek financial compensation with the airfield owner / operator of (b) claim against the airfield owners / operators insurance policy for denial of access and interruption to business. Weston compensate you, Weston seek recovery up the chain to the Ryder Cup, associates, affiliates or Gov. But I 'm sure this route of seeking compensation is already agreed between the parties. Thats the cost associated in staging an even of this size. This is all perfectly legal and appropriate.

Lofty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Lofty » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:07 pm

But sure the restriction on FTOs/RTFs really came into play when the Airport was developed years ago with min amount of AC in the circuit at any one time! As far as i am aware no one recieved a penny so why should they now? :idea:

Chaos
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Chaos » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:56 pm

The devil is in the detail . . . all depends on what the FTO's lease agreements state. Anyway, notwithstanding those agreements largely pertain to property, public liability issues, etc. the issue of business interrruption negatively affecting leasee turnover could be pursued. But I guess if you begin to instigate movements down this route then you "may" impact you future relations with the airfield owner / operator but that could be handled by way of court order preventing further negative repercussions. Those interested in investigating your positions, I suggest you revert to your respective legal counsel for opinion.

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:39 pm

All i can say is who the f**k thought this one up. I'm sure some civil servent with his/her arse planted under a desk at the I.A.A. thought this one up, late one Friday afternoon, on a bank holiday weekend.

It seems that the changes were rushed into place to facilitate the Ryder Cup at the K.Club. Mark my words, I bet that there will be further revisions to the airspace changes not long after the last exec. jet belonging to some famous golfer, has left Weston.

Jim Mansfield saw a good opportunity to make a few bob and he took it, to hell with his regulars. He knows we'll still be here after the Ryder Cup. Where else can you go to get the same facilities?

It's a shame, but watch this space, further revisions are on the way, some time in October I'd say.

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:09 pm

What would be the nature of the revisions that you forsee?