Waterford Aero Club BBQ Next Weekend!!

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:46 pm

B & B somewhere around the locality. There will be a few members running people to B & B's if needs be. Ohh, we do really like the slapping, but we just let it on that we dont Laura.

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:10 am

Got a call from nfc. Someone needs our aeroplane for a flight test today. That will delay us a few hours if we cant find another aircraft. Anyway we should be there at the latest 7pm, but then we have to get a taxi to b&b in tramore to get the room key. Ye better keep 3 burgers and 3 beers for us or all hells gonna break loose. :twisted:
Happy Landings everyone.

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:56 pm

ah, home safe and sound. Thanks to Ceatach for the excellent flight there and back. Thanks to Philip for the extra weight in the back :D

Nice to meet alphaLaura, Flyer1, pilot and other member, sorry but cant remember names.
BBQ was great if a little on the cremated side.

All in all a great Fly-in.

Maverick
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Maverick » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Thanks to Philip for the extra weight in the back :D

I was essential to the safe operation of the aircraft by keeping the C of G within limits. Its a tough job but some1's gotta do it :D :D :D

Likewise, thanks to Keith 4 the flight nd every1 who helped organise the whole thing...

Nice meeting some of the forum heads 2 as mentioned above.

Also congratulations to Flygirl88 who posted for the first time in years!

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:45 pm

I'm in severe requirement of sleep. Nearly falling asleep trying to write this. Good fly-in, better then expected turn-out. Hopefully with continued support we can make it even better next year. Without the cremated grub, but with properly cooked grub.

Thanks to all for attending, looking forward to seeing you all again at next years BBQ.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:42 pm

Was a brilliant night, i am thinking of taking up crimating things, I put a little bit of wood on the fire and everyone was eating blacks balls of "stuff", i began to get worried when the chicken wings looked like sausages!!. Ah they werent that bad. Thank you everyone for coming, was a great day. I came out with burns from the BBQ that night when we were sitting around the fire. Very impressed with the microlights, looked great.
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:59 pm

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:17 pm

Thanks to all involved in organizing the fly-in bbq. Nice to meet up with some guys from the forum in person. I'll have pictures posted soon. And I think there will be a full trip/event report in the flying in ireland mag in the coming months so watch out for that.
Sorry to any campers we might have woken-up early this morning. We had to get the aeoplane back to NFC.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:24 pm

The burgers were so hot we had them for breakfast today, I put a few pieces of wood on the BBQ, and i was cooking in 5 ft flames!!!

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:40 pm

It brought a whole new meaning to flame grilled though you must admit. Sorry to anyone who heard clattering at some ridiculous time in the morning. I can clarify it wasn't I that was responsible. heh. Anyways, see you all again at next years BBQ.

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:40 am

Thanks to everyone who came to the BBQ - it was a great turnout and lovely to see so many aircraft parked up on the grass. Especially that RV6. Yum.

Next year, Andrew will be kept at a safe distance from the crematorium. As mentioned, great to put some faces to the forum members here. Apologies again to Andy if I contributed significantly to the nausea o_O
Yes, and, I accidentally walked into one of the BBQ's at about 3am. Sorry if it woke anyone.
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:13 pm

alphaLaura wrote:Apologies again to Andy if I contributed significantly to the nausea o_O

ha ha it wasnt your driving. Im a terrible passenger in the back of a car. If Im driving or in the front passenger seat Im grand. :D

I have 54 pictures. I just have to get time to resize them and post them.

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:17 pm

Lambada Crazy, Flyer1, AlphaLaura, Flygirl, Ceatach, Andy Max, Maverick....great to meet you all.

It sure was a great evening......really had a good time.

We stopped in Kilkenny for a little while on the way back, and over flew Birr.....I now hear that there was another BBQ in Birr on the Sunday.....should have stopped there for lunch!

Looking forward to the pixs Andy!

P

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:17 pm

Good meeting you too pilot.

I cant believe you thought my username was cheetah!
In case anyone else was wondering - Ceatach is Irish for Keith. It's one of very few Irish words I know... :)

Andy will take ages to post the pics. Ill call over to him and get them.

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:26 pm

ceatach wrote:Andy will take ages to post the pics. Ill call over to him and get them.

:shock: :shock: whats that suppossed to mean? Im a very busy man. LOL LOL
Im emailing them to you as I type.