Salthill 2006

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Brian McGrath
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Brian McGrath » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks Lambada Crazy glad you liked the show. The noise was was the US Air Force F15s they gave us quite a show as you normally only get two passes and we got six.

Brian

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:00 pm

yea i got some pretty class photos of the F15's.I thought it was a good show and will be back,fair play to the organisers.

The only think that really p....d me off was a clueless civil defence member who kept keeping people away from the air corps helis when all they wanted was a photo next to them,when a couple went up to geta photo of the EC135 and he told him no,before a few people just ignored him to take photos,there was no danger as helis were shut down,he really deserved a punch for his power trip,way overboard,even an air corps member was looking at him strange.anyway thats my rant,great show
115 VAC @400Hz

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:00 am

heh, I heard about that civil defence guy from a certain forum member....

Poor guy was probably just over excited of the prospect of being near a helicopter.

Heliops
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Heliops » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:39 am

well done to all the Organisers and to the rest who moan i have this to say....shut up you got 3hours of fun for FREE it was a brilliant day and shame on you for being so ungrateful they did the best with what they got and i for 1 and everybody i have spoken to loved it shame on you whingers and moaners.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:11 am

Manners my dear. Manners.

I'm not complaining. I'm just giving my opinion is all. Think before you type lad.

liffy2a
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by liffy2a » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:28 pm

Hi all I went to the show on Sunday and thought it was brilliant especially when you consider it?s free!!. A big well done to the organizers. Nice to see the F-15?s although they could have added a touch more ?flamboyance? to their display a bit like the Germans have done in the past with the Tornadoes. The Red Arrows were superb as usual. I felt there was quite a lot there for the enthusiast but the ordinary Joe may have felt it was a little slow. Eddie Goggins?.what a pilot!. He?s a great dentist too by the way. There was one incident I thought was a bit shall we say ?hairy?. At one point the EC-135 was on approach to the park and flew so low over the crowd the down wash almost blew several buggies and small children over (not to mention a few adults!). Again great show and well done to all involved.

P.S. Was the lost kid found I think he was Danish and was missing for several hours.

Brian McGrath
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Brian McGrath » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Yes he was Norwegian and belive or not for a ten year old he managed to make it back through the huge crowd to the B&B that he was staying in.

There was many a time when I could not even find the Hotel I was staying in.

gar787
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by gar787 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:58 pm

Well guys as Flyer1 said we are just expressing our opinions as that is what this forum is about!!!

I understand that the organisers did their best and that was great and I did say that the show was brilliant, well worth seeing and I will go and see it again next year!

For the people who are making a big deal about our comments: They are the whingers and moaners because our comments are for the betterment of the show in years to come!

It is a great occasion and I look forward to it every year, Fair play to the organisers

And lighten up guys! tut tut

:D lol!

(and was the Danish kid found?)

GARY!
The man who flies an airplane...must believe in the unseen
Gary Brogan,
CEO - EirMagic VA

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:06 pm

Sorry Brian I got the rubbish idea when I saw them at Galway airport on the way into town. I naturally assumed they would be enjoying the post airshow party along with the other aircrew. That's a pity. I was up at 6am too otherwise I would have considered attending the dinner.

Brian McGrath
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Brian McGrath » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:37 pm

No problem Buzz, the night we had was excellent which as usual turned into a very late night indeed.

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:34 pm

Just wanted to disagree with Buzz also about the Red Arrows. It was definitely not just a social occassion for them. I met them immediately after they arrived back from parking their aircraft and they spent about two hours at most in the bar. A whole bunch of the guys headed back up their rooms early in the evening.
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:06 am

they also had a safety audit on the monday morning.so no partying like they did last year!!!
115 VAC @400Hz

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:35 pm

how did ye get ur pics uploaded???
115 VAC @400Hz

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nanolight » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:57 pm

You talk nicely to someone with webspace who will host them for you.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:34 pm

dutch roll you can use image shack to post pictures on the forum, go to the ImageShack website, the programme is downloaded onto your toolbar, its free.
your given a page to upload your pictures to and from that page you can post pictures to wherever you like. other people can also see your pics if you want.