Accessing Irish aeronautical info on line

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Accessing Irish aeronautical info on line

Post by hum »

I just checked the NOTAMS to find out about restrictions in Galway this afternoon for the airshow to find nothing. AIS Shannon explained that there is no NOTAM, but that AIP supplement has been published.

I tried to access this on line through the IAA website and then got hopelessly lost in a eurocontrol website....

AIS very kindly came to the rescue and e-mailed me the document, however, I would like to know if anyone on this forum has had any success at accessing this sort of info on-line?

Ownnav
Unverified User
Unverified User

Using the EAD/Eurocontrol Website

Post by Ownnav »

Hi Hum ,
Yes the EAD website can be a bit confusing to use. :?

I have used it quite a bit and though it does take time to get used to , it is an excellent resource. You can get any page from any European AIP including all maps and approach charts which are included in the AIP's. (Select AIP Type:Chart and then Part: AD or ENR as required). It is like having your own library of AIP's!!!
The information is particularly useful if you want to get other European AIP or NOTAM infromation. It even gives access to information on IFR route restrictions with a link to the CFMU website(when you select CRAM, AIM or ANM in the PIB page)

Here are some general directions, hope that they are useful for you.

Once registered, Input username and password (case-sensitive) then click on LOGIN.
This get you to the EAD Basic Home page, click on ENTER in the middle of the page.

Click OK on the window that opens.

Now you are in to the main breifing area.

PIB is the pilot information breifing click on this for options.
Double-click on the Aerodrome PIB, Route PIB,or Area PIB to get select the briefing you require. This is where to access relevent NOTAM's and alot more besides. Select the date and time of the briefing you require and also IFR or VFR. Input the ICAO identifier of the Aerodromes/FIRs you require in the Identifier field and then click +. When you have input every identifier you need then click on Generate. This opens a new window with your briefing of all relevent information for the dates you selected.

PAMS Light gives access to all European AIP information.
Double-click on PAMS Light to access new window.
Select require Authority code (eg. Ireland)
Select AIP Type (eg AIP, AIC, Charts, SUP AMDT)
For AIP, Charts or AMDT you must select a part (eg AD, ENR, or GEN)
Once you have specified the above Click on LOAD.

This will bring up the list of current Documents, click on them to access.

Example for SUP on Galway airshow:
Double Click PAMS light. Select Authority Code: Ireland, then Select AIP Type: SUP Then Clic on LOAD. This gives you all valid Supplements to the irish AIP. Click on each to access.

This is a very reliable site as it is maintained by Eurocontrol.

I hope the above is of use

Regards,
Ownnav

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hum »

Thanks for a very helpful post.

Bluebeard
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bluebeard »

I spent hours trying to get this to work. Logging in and then clicking on ENTER does not get me into it. I worked through troubleshooting instructions involving various Java settings, unsuccessfully. Also I was concerned about destroying my access to other websites for which other different Java settings had been specified. Eventually I gave up. :( Other organisations seem able to create websites that are readily accessible without having to employ a software engineer .....

I did see a recent communication from the IAA which seemed to say that access to the Irish AIP would be taken back to their own website.

TolTol
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TolTol »

Bluebeard,

I am having the exact same problem. Once I click "enter" nothing happens. The site is a big ball of sh**e if you ask me. I gave up messing around with java settings on my computer.

:evil:

Terry Murphy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Terry Murphy »

It doesn?t matter how much you fiddle with the Java settings in your browser. It?s more than likely that any firewall(s) running will treat the clunky wad of ?jaa? script as a threat.
I?ve tried everything in the book to get the standard Norton firewall to pass this convoluted Eurobabble without success.

It?s not the best solution, but try turning off any firewall/s before ?loading up? the site.

If you?re running with a slow or ?dodgy? connection, the whole wobbly pile of junk will time out at the drop of a hat.

Don?t forget to turn your firewall back on?there?s a whole army of ?shadys? out there just itchin? to pay your hard disk a visit :shock:

TM

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

Best thing to do alot of the time, just ring the nearest airfield or the group in control of the airspace, if you think they aren't too tied down with stuff...